Russian translate

Discuss, plan, and make Translations for FreeOrion
Bestary
Space Squid

Re: Russian translate

#61 Post by Bestary »

WOW, my name in credits! :33 I didn't know about it, thought that only lead programmers have enough power to added themselfs to this.
I added my name in stringtables file cause other translators did it - thought it's just practise.
P.S. Please, call me by @ nickname or contact by e-mail if you want say something directly to me. ^^

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#62 Post by Dilvish »

Bestary wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:44 am WOW, my name in credits! :33 I didn't know about it, thought that only lead programmers have enough power to added themselfs to this.
I added my name in stringtables file cause other translators did it - thought it's just practise.
You adding your name to that stringtable file is not what got your name into the credits-- it was done in recognition of your work, Vezzra added you.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#63 Post by Vezzra »

@Bestary: Which is a good opportunity to ask you if you want your real name added too, and if yes, to provide it here (or via PM).

Cjkjvfnby
AI Contributor

#64 Post by Cjkjvfnby »

Vezzra wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:37 pm to provide it here (or via PM).
Or via PR :)

PS. The name is visible in GitHub account https://github.com/Bestary
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Bestary
Space Squid

#65 Post by Bestary »

Vezzra wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:37 pm @Bestary: Which is a good opportunity to ask you if you want your real name added too, and if yes, to provide it here (or via PM).
Of corse, no problem. :wink: Daria Sharonova.
I tried to add this to credits by my own, but something goes wrong. Maybe I hadn't enougth rights for this action.
P.S. Please, call me by @ nickname or contact by e-mail if you want say something directly to me. ^^

Cjkjvfnby
AI Contributor

#66 Post by Cjkjvfnby »

Bestary wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:18 pm I tried to add this to credits by my own, but something goes wrong. Maybe I hadn't enougth rights for this action.
Credits are in the repo, you can update it in the same way as Russian translation via PR.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#67 Post by Vezzra »

Bestary wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:18 pmOf corse, no problem. :wink: Daria Sharonova.
Thanks. I've added your real name to the credits: 34d31bcb

Voskhod_02
Space Krill

#68 Post by Voskhod_02 »

Eh, I came here to offer to do some translations, only to find out that you guys are already done with it and have found someone who fits the bill. :mrgreen: with the other languages I master being already accounted for, the only thing I can still contribute with is the French Picard/Ch'ti dialect, although the result might be absolutely horrible :lol:

Cjkjvfnby
AI Contributor

#69 Post by Cjkjvfnby »

Voskhod_02 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:14 am Eh, I came here to offer to do some translations, only to find out that you guys are already done with it and have found someone who fits the bill.
You still can help with improving existing translation.

The following type of issues may happen. Some of them hit English texts too.
  • typos
  • strange phrases when we combine two items in one: (карсивая планета, красивая система, красивая корабль)
  • lines that do not fit the game UI
  • outdated information (en was changed after the translation was done or en text outdated itself)
  • unclear, because of a person who translates or write en version did not add enough context to the description
  • inconsistency for terms ([дизайн|проект] корабля)
So feel free to improve.
We don't have any process of collaborating with more than one translator :(.

If you want to change one item feel free to add pull request or report it to me and Bestary (Best way to do it via GitHub mention: open file, press blame button on top, click on the commit on the code line you want to report, add comment to this line, add @, choose user from autocomplete).

Bestary
Space Squid

#70 Post by Bestary »

Voskhod_02 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:14 am Eh, I came here to offer to do some translations, only to find out that you guys are already done with it and have found someone who fits the bill. :mrgreen: with the other languages I master being already accounted for, the only thing I can still contribute with is the French Picard/Ch'ti dialect, although the result might be absolutely horrible :lol:
Hey, @Voskhod_02, I (and others, I think) don't mind any helping. :D
What about me, I'm not sure about my regular and operative translation. It will be very good if there are another translators. We can also split our work to avoid double-translation. For example, now I working with 3 new races (Replicon, Sly, Fulver), please, don't touch them. :)

Also, you can always join to pull request's discussions (when they happens). More brains - more good translations. :wink: