Polish translation

Discuss, plan, and make Translations for FreeOrion
MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Polish translation

#16 Post by MatGB »

It doesn't appear to have had any work on it for several years and will thus be very out of date as en.txt has had a lot done to it in that time, while I don't do translation work myself it might be best to start from scratch (Oauz and CJ have been working on ways to streamline the process, with discussion in the French thread).

In other words, if no work's been done then it's fine for someone else to help out and contribute, however we're no longer working through Subversion/sourceforge, we're hosting the code on GitHub, the most recent version is here pl.txt.

Any work at all you can do in the next few weeks will almost certainly get into the next stable release which we're starting to get ready for, worth starting by reviewing the current state of pl.txt compared to the current en.txt.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Cjkjvfnby
AI Contributor

#17 Post by Cjkjvfnby »

MatGB wrote:It doesn't appear to have had any work on it for several years and will thus be very out of date as en.txt has had a lot done to it in that time, while I don't do translation work myself it might be best to start from scratch (Oauz and CJ have been working on ways to streamline the process, with discussion in the French thread).

In other words, if no work's been done then it's fine for someone else to help out and contribute, however we're no longer working through Subversion/sourceforge, we're hosting the code on GitHub, the most recent version is here pl.txt.

Any work at all you can do in the next few weeks will almost certainly get into the next stable release which we're starting to get ready for, worth starting by reviewing the current state of pl.txt compared to the current en.txt.
Here is file with commented untranslated entries https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Cjkjv ... les/pl.txt it can be used as base for translation.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

R-mir
Space Krill

#18 Post by R-mir »

Hello.

Here is a small update of translation, which is based on the latest version of the english file (Sep 1, 2015).
Attachments
pl_with_untranslated_english_strings.txt
(430.98 KiB) Downloaded 376 times
pl.txt
(68.26 KiB) Downloaded 369 times

kkris
Space Krill

#19 Post by kkris »

Hello,

In attachment is my own translation of original english language file. Translation is still in progress, but it's playable.

P.S. This post was submitted under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license
---
kkris
Attachments
pl2.txt
polish translation - based on previous translations and extended by me
(520.66 KiB) Downloaded 298 times
Last edited by kkris on Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#20 Post by Geoff the Medio »

kkris wrote:In attachment is my own translation of original english language file.
Could you please edit your post or reply stating that you release the submitted file under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license? See: https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/ ... lt/COPYING