Ogre content

Here, various developers can tell you all about what they're up to, so you can yell at them for being idiots. "... and there was a great rejoicing."
pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

Ogre content

#1 Post by pd »

This thread documents the assets created for space combat, including planet textures, skyboxes, finished ships, spacemonsters, weapon effects, etc.
If you have any comments, please use this thread.

---

I've just completed a set of 10 citylight textures, going from new colony to urban planet. We are going to use them to visualize the development level of a planet in space combat and perhaps on the sidepanel as well. I've compiled a small animation blending those textueres together, enjoy and see the disease spreading.

Download - .mov - .avi

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

Re: Ogre content

#2 Post by pd »

I wasn't happy with the growth pattern, so I tried a new one. It's more natural in my opinion - less fading and actually more growing.

Download - .mov - .avi

Here are some in game shots, showing fully a fully developed terran and inferno planet. Inferno is still a hack. I've combined the night side texture with the lights texture in photoshop. This will have to be done by code in future.
Oceans or lava are still ignored by the light texture, but might get masked out in future. I guess it depends, whether we want floating cities.

Oh, yeah I had also completed initial work on a bump map for barren planets, 2 days ago..

I'm thinking of disabling comments to keep this clean and blog like. It's not meant to get critique anyway, just to keep you updated.

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#3 Post by pd »

More fun with normal maps:
Download - .mov - .avi

I've created those 3 asteroids, that might be used to populate asteroid belts in combat.
Here is a comparison of the sculpted high poly mesh and the lowpoly normal mapped mesh. If needed, I could reduce the polygon amount to about 200, without too much differences in appearance.

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#4 Post by pd »

I've just finished working on a test object, that will help tzlaine get ship rendering working. The images shown are rendered in realtime, although not in Ogre yet.

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#5 Post by pd »

More work on the asteroids - cut in half the polygon counts and added color maps.

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#6 Post by pd »

"The Guardian" (for now)

The underside will probably never be seen, looks like a christmas tree anyway :/

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#7 Post by pd »

Trith drone, including textures