How to vary empire name and text colour?

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: How to vary empire name and text colour?

#16 Post by MatGB »

It looks orange to me, very similar to the Empire colour. Perception is weird.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

AndrewW
Juggernaut

#17 Post by AndrewW »

MatGB wrote:It looks orange to me, very similar to the Empire colour. Perception is weird.
Well, unless the monitors happen to be color calibrated don't trust a color on one monitor to appear the exact same on another monitor... Kinda an orangish red here.

Thinker55
Krill Swarm

#18 Post by Thinker55 »

I am having color issues. I downloaded this file and put it in place -- and the system ignores it totally. I have deleted EVERY color from this file -- and I STILL get a red or brown too dark to read! Any suggestions?

Thinker55
Krill Swarm

#19 Post by Thinker55 »

I tested this elsewhere, on a machine where I compiled this in a subdirectory of my home directory -- and it appears to work. I compiled to /opt as root in order to be able to just call the program from anywhere -- but this appears to have broken this color functionality. Does that make sense? I'm a newby at compiling code. I was given to understand that if you want the commands to work anywhere from the path, you use /usr/share or /opt. Am I to understand that this doesn't work for freeorion?