Orbital Generation Problem

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

Darkspire
Space Floater

Orbital Generation Problem

#1 Post by Darkspire »

WinXP 32 bit
V.4733

If you look in the Mongo system I have set Mongo I and II to Industry. When I move the mouse over the cog to see the breakdown my Gas Generator on Mongo III (Gas Giant) doesn't appear in the breakdown (no tech 'Orbital Generation' or even a mention of the Gas Generator), I waited a few turns to see if it might kick in, it didn't show up, as I have built up the bonus for industry in that system its kind of hard seeing the wood for the trees, so im not sure if has been applied and is just not showing. The solar generator that was built after showed up as a bonus the turn after it was built.

Just hope ive got it right this time, Im fed up with looking a donut :lol:

Save file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?96nlj6bjdo0w4jh

Darkspire

EDIT: Just double checked in the next system geared for production, industry was at 71.7 built the gas generator, waited a few turns and the bonus had not been added, it was still 71.7 (full pop' and health on the planet) when I put the solar generator in the bonus was added and showed up straight away

qsswin
Pupating Mass

Re: Orbital Generation Problem

#2 Post by qsswin »

Mongo III also requires a industry focus, according to buildings.txt. I suppose that someone should modify the stringtable accordingly.

Darkspire
Space Floater

#3 Post by Darkspire »

qsswin wrote:Mongo III also requires a industry focus, according to buildings.txt. I suppose that someone should modify the stringtable accordingly.
Thanks that worked. As a workaround till its fixed I just altered the focus from INDUSTRY to RESEARCH and it showed up.
Hope they fix this for the next build, its a good idea the way that you can aim to develop industry and mining from carefully selecting the tech, yes it has been done before but not in this manner. Respect to the FO team, FO just keeps getting better.

Would someone from the team just comment that the problem has been noted?
IMHO I think it works better with a research focus, I get the image of a small outpost station conducting experiments and research in high orbit connected to a huge generator on an anti gravity platform with a small team of engineers stationed at the outpost.

Thanks

Darkspire

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

If you'd like something fixed in a specific way, posting a patch that implements that fix would help make it happen.