Outpost Module?

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

Darkspire
Space Floater

Outpost Module?

#1 Post by Darkspire »

FO ver: 0.4 [SVN4635] MSVC 2010

Ive looked everywhere in the tech tree and cant find the outpost module?
Looked in the Pedia under 'ship design' and found the outpost ship and outpost base clicked on the entry and it states an oupost module is needed, I then checked in Design and both the outpost ship and base are in the unavailable tab. Went through the Research tree section by section and just cant seem to find the outpost module, ive had both outpost base and ship in the previous build of FO and was wondering with the recent tech tree changes that this had got missed out?

Thanks

Darkspire

Bigjoe5
Designer and Programmer

Re: Outpost Module?

#2 Post by Bigjoe5 »

Darkspire wrote:FO ver: 0.4 [SVN4635] MSVC 2010

Ive looked everywhere in the tech tree and cant find the outpost module?
Looked in the Pedia under 'ship design' and found the outpost ship and outpost base clicked on the entry and it states an oupost module is needed, I then checked in Design and both the outpost ship and base are in the unavailable tab. Went through the Research tree section by section and just cant seem to find the outpost module, ive had both outpost base and ship in the previous build of FO and was wondering with the recent tech tree changes that this had got missed out?

Thanks

Darkspire
Growth - Environmental Encapsulation

It would be nice if Ship Parts and Hulls pedia entries contained a list of the techs that unlocked them, though it's probably not set up so that this would be too easy to implement.
Warning: Antarans in dimensional portal are closer than they appear.

Darkspire
Space Floater

Re: Outpost Module?

#3 Post by Darkspire »

Thank you for the quick reply.
It would be nice if Ship Parts and Hulls pedia entries contained a list of the techs that unlocked them, though it's probably not set up so that this would be too easy to implement.
What would also be a great help is the pedia entries were color coded, so if i clicked on the outpost module in the required part on the ship design the pedia entry would read 'Outpost Module'. Also if your in the Research screen and looking at an entry, clicking on the part (or anything else in the pedia that lists needed techs) would move you to the required tech section, as it does now when you click an item in the queued tech list, trying to learn the tech tree at the moment is a little bit tricky and very time consuming.

Darkspire