FreeOrion-0.3.16 crash

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

Darkside
Space Floater

FreeOrion-0.3.16 crash

#1 Post by Darkside »

FreeOrion crash after make new round.
I have add the 2 Logfiles and the savegame
I use Windows XP servicepack 2
Attachments
FreeOrion_DarkSide_From_Save_0355.rar
Savegame
(97.82 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
FreeOrion-log-0.3.16.zip.rar
freeorion.log
freeoriond.log
(231.65 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
Cya DarkSide
See you on Hell

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: FreeOrion-0.3.16 crash

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Hmm, your log's final error message is interesting: "Empire::MoveBuildWithinQueue() : Attempted to move a production queue item to or from an invalid index." I don't recall seeing that before. My guess is that there's something weird happening with production queue reordering and loss of planets or completion of items on the queue, but I haven't looked at the save yet.

Edit: v0.3.16 crashes for me immediately when loading the save; there's no chance to press turn first. I can probably attach and debug this, but it would be nice if you also had a save which could be loaded that doesn't immediately crash, but which produces the crash on pressing turn, or after doing a particular series of steps and then pressing turn. /Edit

Darkside
Space Floater

#3 Post by Darkside »

I save all 5 rounds, but i not sure it was save direct befor the crashes.
It can crash some round later.

Is it posible, FreeOrion dont like after "turn next round" add new research or produce ?
Cya DarkSide
See you on Hell

Geoff the Medio

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Darkside wrote:Is it posible, FreeOrion dont like after "turn next round" add new research or produce ?
If you mean, can giving research or production orders or queue modifications cause crashes if done after pressing the turn button, but before the next turn has started, then yes, that's been reported to happen. That doesn't seem to be what's happening with the save though, as it crashes for me immediately when trying to load, with the same error message as in your log file. It's also apparently a client-side crash.

Darkside
Space Floater

#5 Post by Darkside »

"Empire::MoveBuildWithinQueue()" can that come after "turn next round" and use the wait time to sort the produce queue or add some new ( ex. Base/Planet upgrades)?
Cya DarkSide
See you on Hell

Geoff the Medio

#6 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Darkside wrote:"Empire::MoveBuildWithinQueue()" can that come after "turn next round" and use the wait time to sort the produce queue or add some new ( ex. Base/Planet upgrades)?
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but for the forseeable future, moving things around in queues between turns will not be a good idea.