Bugs - Several

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

Darkside
Space Floater

Re: Bugs - Several

#61 Post by Darkside »

I have the same display error,
i use a GT 500 series graphic card, i thing i use new driver.
But i'll control them.

---
Edit

After driver controling, i have now the newst driver on the system.
GeForce 280.26 Driver
Version: 280.26 WHQL
Release Date: 2011.08.09
latest version 280.26 WHQL <--- Link to Nvidea driver
And the display problem is the same.
Attachments
latest version 280.26 WHQL
latest version 280.26 WHQL
displayerror-2.png (7.85 KiB) Viewed 949 times
displayerror.png
displayerror.png (8.64 KiB) Viewed 953 times
Cya DarkSide
See you on Hell

hklvette
Space Floater

#62 Post by hklvette »

An issue I noticed in SVN 4282 is that while the colony ships have their "colonize" buttons disable once you click one planet, the same can't be said for outpost ships, which still allow multi-clicking.

Also, ships don't appear to repair themselves, even when stationed at an orbital drydock.

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

#63 Post by eleazar »

hklvette wrote:Also, ships don't appear to repair themselves, even when stationed at an orbital drydock.
Yep, that's on the list of features to add soon.

Khan
Space Floater

#64 Post by Khan »

eleazar wrote:Please include your galaxy's "size" and "life frequency" and the number of AI empires.
From this thread: Making Space Monsters Cooler[/quote]
I'll do you one better, here's the settings I used ...

Khan
Space Floater

#65 Post by Khan »

Hi Folks,

Well, I've just downloaded the latest compiled windows intaller release (FreeOrion-0.3.17-Setup.exe) to my new computer and all I can say so far is ... WOW!

You guys have been busy.
  • AI is lame, but at least it's trying to do something.
  • Monsters are now a moderating force in expansion. Forcing the player to split up his fleets.
  • Ships, ships, ships! Yes, now there is a better mix of hull sizes and a reason to use them.
  • I like the having to invade with troops in order to take a planet.
Needs improvement ...
  • Turns still take longer than they should. There is definatly some bloat in the code as my 12 processors (yes that's right 6 hyperthreded, i7-980, 3.33 Ghz processors) and SSD still take 40 seconds to process a turn. Looking at the activity, only one processor will peg while the other 11 are idling.
  • That graphics bug I pointed out earlier is still there despite the fact that FO is now running on a superclocked GTX 570, 1.2 GB video card with a GeForce GT 430, 1 GB slaved to it as the PhysX processor. You aren't going to get much more advanced than that, so its definatly a code bug.

eleazar

#66 Post by eleazar »

Thanks for the feedback -- it's nice to hear that some of the things i tried to accomplished worked -- at least in some player's opinion.

There has been some intense effort on increasing the speed since .3.17 -- still ongoing i think. Expect substantial speed increases.

eleazar

#67 Post by eleazar »

revision 4373, night's mac binary
FO crashed when i resized the tech description window in the research screen. I tried to make the vertical size very small to get it out of the way.

Code: Select all

10/11/11 11:44:32 AM	[0x0-0x32a32a].org.freeorion.FreeOrion[27745]	Assertion failed: (m_page_sz <= static_cast<unsigned int>(m_range_max - m_range_min + 1)), function SizeScroll, file /Users/sebastian/Desktop/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/../GG/src/Scroll.cpp, line 197.