Resource supply stops in combat

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

Hendrixwinter
Space Krill

Resource supply stops in combat

#1 Post by Hendrixwinter »

Whenever I attack another AI empire I take their planet but I do no damage to the AI. Then resource production stops, even in the smallest of skirmishes, and I lose many planets to famine. My ships do no damage to the enemy and control of the enemy planet goes back and forth until all my planets are lost to famine. This is the best space strategy game besides this one point, which I believe to be a glitch. I would appreciate help on this matter.

RgnadKzin
Space Squid

Re: Resource supply stops in combat

#2 Post by RgnadKzin »

When taking over the home planet of an AI player, those colonies of that AI will lose their resource link to their home planet. Look at the "construction" meter.

If you take over the enemy colonies first, shift their focus to farming, and then take over the home planet, this does not happen.

Bigjoe5
Designer and Programmer

Re: Resource supply stops in combat

#3 Post by Bigjoe5 »

Combat is pretty buggy right now, and since that whole system is a placeholder for the real combat system anyway, I doubt any time will be spent fixing it before v.4, at which point you can enjoy actual combat.

Edit: Actually, some of that has been resolved in the more recent revisions, but I'm pretty sure that ironing out everything in this temporary combat system is not a priority, nonetheless.
Warning: Antarans in dimensional portal are closer than they appear.