Divided Galaxy [SOLVED]

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

Divided Galaxy [SOLVED]

#1 Post by eleazar »

I started up 3.15 to check something out and got a divided galaxy-- two parts that weren't connected by any star lanes. That's not supposed to happen, right?

Save attached.
Attachments
disconnected.sav.zip
(178.57 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
Last edited by eleazar on Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

Re: Divided Galaxy

#2 Post by pd »

Check out this thread.

There's no measure to prevent this at the moment. Ultimately, I think it would be nice to have a universe setting to activate a "fractured" galaxy, a galaxy split into different parts. There could be a multitude of possibilities to overcome this: stargates, building a starlane, natural wormholes, teleportation, etc

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#3 Post by Geoff the Medio »

eleazar wrote:I stated up 3.15 to check something out and got a divided galaxy-- two parts that weren't connected by any star lanes. That's not supposed to happen, right?
Your galaxy is not divided. Explore the unexplored system past Wedge.
pd wrote:Check out this thread.
eleazar was testing v0.3.15, which was months before the additions discussed in that thread.

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

#4 Post by eleazar »

My mistake. Seeing that disconnected bit was so strange, i didn't stop to wonder if the more of the fog-of-war type stuff discussed earlier had actually been implemented.