r3946

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

Wulfston
Space Floater

r3946

#1 Post by Wulfston »

Several things seem to be happening, I dunno if they are my fault or not but here it is.

My resources are not comming up right. The food and ore seem to be ok except there's no + or - on any of them. It says I have no Production, Research OR people. Even when I set target population to either Research or Production...it says I have none.

I copied over the files just like I did the last patch. So i'm not sure if this is something I did or not. But I can't keep testing this way.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: r3946

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

There is a known issue where on turn 1, your planet's food consumption is shown as 0, which leads to a prediction of 0 population next turn, but these are both wrong and food and population remain stable and are correctly shown on turn 2. Resource output still shows normal correct amounts, though.

I haven't seen anything like you describe.

Did you update the content files (in the default directory) as well as the executables and DLLs?

It might help if you attached log files from after starting a game and seeing this.

FJRA
Space Krill

#3 Post by FJRA »

Hi, I just discovered this game, installed the 0.3.15. I've seen that there is no way to set the secondary focus (or is it now missing?) and tried to update this build (r3946). And now I'm getting the same behavior described in the post. But this is in all the turns. I have no production and no research and the + or - in the top bar are in 0. Is this something already fixed? Are there any new win compiled binaries?
Thanks!
Attachments
r3946.jpg
r3946.jpg (136.03 KiB) Viewed 666 times

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

#4 Post by eleazar »

FJRA wrote:I've seen that there is no way to set the secondary focus (or is it now missing?)
Yeah, the secondary focus has been removed to streamline things.

FJRA
Space Krill

#5 Post by FJRA »

eleazar wrote: Yeah, the secondary focus has been removed to streamline things.
Ok, I just read about it in other posts (the wiki should be updated, it mentions it many times). I just wrote about it here.

Anyway in this build I think this is not the main problem but the no-production issue.

By the way, I've seen a lot of good changes between the 0.3.15 base and this build. Good work.