Can't start tech demo for .3.13 on a Mac

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

metaphysician
Space Floater

Can't start tech demo for .3.13 on a Mac

#1 Post by metaphysician »

hi folks, tzlaine gave me the flag to start FOs tech demo, but it seems to not be working on my Mac:

main() caught exception(std::exception): OGRE EXCEPTION(3:RenderingAPIException): Zero sized texture surface on texture Terran01CloudGloss.png face 0 mipmap 0. Probably, the GL driver refused to create the texture. in GLTexture::_createSurfaceList at /Users/jsiwek/src/ogre/Mac/Ogre/../../RenderSystems/GL/src/OgreGLTexture.cpp (line 394)

after this it crashes - every time. i've done it about 4X and same results. my version is mac version that .ld had uploaded before (the one in two parts with a joining script). overall with the normal startup (no flags) i have had no issues with crashes, though it can be really sluggish at times.

any clues? i'm on Leopard 10.5.6 on a Core Duo with the crappy Intel GMA 950 if that helps...

scott

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Can't start tech demo for .3.13 on a Mac

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Can you try with the newest released version from sourceforge that comes in one part? The date on the file is July 8, 2009.

I've also got an intel GMA graphics card and have had some crashes in the tech demo related to Terran01CloudGloss.png and a few other files. I replaced Terran01CloudGloss.png, Terran01Day.png, Tundra01CloudGloss.png, Swamp01Day.png, and Swamp01Night.png with the attached small empty texture. (Replace one file that appears in the error, and then the next and next after trying again until it works...)
Attachments
small empty texture that replaces a few of the svn texture to get the tech demo running, for me
small empty texture that replaces a few of the svn texture to get the tech demo running, for me
Terran01CloudGloss.png (2.76 KiB) Viewed 734 times