[LINUX] Segmentation Fault

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Segmentation Fault

#16 Post by Geoff the Medio »

freereign wrote:Right now though, I should be able to test AI out using an older version, correct?
Yes, and updates to the AI Interface and server won't depend on GL directly, or even indirectly in most cases, so if there are more additions to the stuff that's exposed to Python, you can probably update just those files and continue working with an older version of the MapWnd / SystemIcon code.

freereign
Space Squid

#17 Post by freereign »

Alright, will do. I will get the last revision that worked and go from there.

Looks like rev. 2417 is as high as I can go right now using svn update in the main directory. Can I run svn update in the Empire, python, AI, and universe folders without updating the whole thing? (eg. cd ./Empire && svn update)
MoO: Darloks Rule!
MoO2: Custom Darloks Rule!
MoO3: Dunno cuz I'm a cheapskate

Flatline
Space Squid

#18 Post by Flatline »

freereign wrote:Can I run svn update in the Empire, python, AI, and universe folders without updating the whole thing? (eg. cd ./Empire && svn update)
It will update the tree starting from your current directory, so yes :)
The only difference between a suicide and a martyrdom is press coverage.
- Chuck Palahniuk (Survivor)

Ubuntu 7.10/Windows Vista/Windows XP (VMWare)/Windows NT 4 (VMWare) on Intel Centrino Duo [email protected] with NVidia GeForce GO 7600

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#19 Post by Geoff the Medio »

You can also update each file individually to any revision number, regardless of the directory structure.

freereign
Space Squid

#20 Post by freereign »

Thanks. So i guess for the next couple days I will be finding out how high I can go without breaking it :)

Also, I think my self-compiled log4cpp may have been part of it. I have since removed and am recompiling with the ubuntu ones now. (at rev. 2418)

kroddn
Static Linker

#21 Post by kroddn »

It think it will be worth the work. At the moment you kick out half of potential users.

freereign
Space Squid

#22 Post by freereign »

I agree with kroddn. Could it just set a variable if the option is set, and then ignore all shaders (this is oversimplified, there would have to be an 'if' for each right?)

freereign
Space Squid

#23 Post by freereign »

I have been busy installing Sabayon as a third OS on my system. I will see if it will compile correctly on here. If not, I will use Windows.