AI not taking enemy AI capitol?

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

OVERL0RD
Space Krill

AI not taking enemy AI capitol?

#1 Post by OVERL0RD »

I'm playing a multiplayer game with a friend (all default rules, not hostless or anything) and one AI has stacked a ton of ships and troops on another AI's capitol for at least 10-20 turns but hasn't captured it. Is that a bug or a rule I don't understand? The defending planet has only a few ground troops left and is obviously bombarded every turn.

OVERL0RD
Space Krill

Re: AI not taking enemy AI capitol?

#2 Post by OVERL0RD »

Game version 0.4.10.1 build 2020-09-25.39cfe10. Friend is hosting and I am not currently in-game but can get logs / screenshots later if it would be helpful.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#3 Post by Oberlus »

It's probably a bug in the AI code.

Save file, logs and the name of the system (or a screenshot) will be helpful (if any AI dev ever gets to it, they are swamped).

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#4 Post by defaultuser »

I've noted off and on that AIs will get on top of a planet with troop ships then not invade. Eventually the troop ships start getting destroyed by planetary defenses after regen.