My units aren't attacking.

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

truepurple
Space Kraken

My units aren't attacking.

#1 Post by truepurple »

In a game a weird issue sprung up. So at one point my ships with only fighter-bay were facing off against enemy troop ships, well they were sitting in the same system for multiple turns, no attack.

So I thought, maybe You can't just attack with fighter bays? But now more instances of my ships not attacking are happening. My detection is high, facing ships that don't have good stealth, my ships don't attack, and these are armed ships this time.

So what details do you need to know? What kind of screenshot should I provide? Do you want a save of the game?

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: My units aren't attacking.

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Are you fleets set to Hide or Control System?
cropped screenshot of fleets window
cropped screenshot of fleets window
fleets.png (186.52 KiB) Viewed 3845 times

truepurple
Space Kraken

#3 Post by truepurple »

Yeah, that was the issue. Thanks.

So where does it list a units detection strength? I can only find detection distance stat. Does it use the general empire detection stat for all detecting within any range?

Also sometimes there are units on the losing side left over after battle the next turn, is that normal?

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

truepurple wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:22 amDoes it use the general empire detection stat for all detecting within any range?

Also sometimes there are units on the losing side left over after battle the next turn, is that normal?
Yes. Yes; read the combat log to see what happened.