Lost planet graphics

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

Albedo
Space Krill

Lost planet graphics

#1 Post by Albedo »

(Edit - Okay, I found the "show side panel planets" toggle, but I know, 100%, that I had NOT dove into "Options" at all before that happened. I was playing turn-after-turn, and it suddenly disappeared. Very odd - hope it's a one-off hiccup, and nothing repetitive.) (Windows 10 Home, btw, nothing fancy beyond that.)

What the title says - the images for planets, inc. asteroids and gas giants, suddenly all are absent (Turn 125). Have the planet names, but no images (making it clumsy to ID them). Tried reloading older saves, and starting a new game, same bug.

Time to re-install game? Or is there a single file I could copy/paste?

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Lost planet graphics

#2 Post by Oberlus »

Good to know it solved itself.
Next time, it will be helpful if you report version of FreeOrion, attach log files, and (for issues like this one that are visual) a screenshot.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#3 Post by Geoff the Medio »

I can't check now, but perhaps there is a hotkey assigned to hide/show planet graphics?

Albedo
Space Krill

#4 Post by Albedo »

Hotkey could certainly have done it.
Oberlus wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:42 amNext time, it will be helpful if you report version of FreeOrion, attach log files, and (for issues like this one that are visual) a screenshot.
derp. <smh>

v0.4.10.1 (build 2020-09-25.39cfe10j )