Can't Colonize With Robotic Outpost

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

labgnome
Juggernaut

Can't Colonize With Robotic Outpost

#1 Post by labgnome »

So in one of my recent games I was trying to colonize with a robotic outpost and I couldn't because the design had no detection and couldn't seethe planets. I solved the problem by creating a new design with a scanner and the outpost part.
I was paying on v0.4.9+ [build 2020-05-19.33c09b6]
All of my contributions should be considered released under creative commons attribution share-alike license, CC-BY-SA 3.0 for use in, by and with the Free Orion project.

swaq
Space Dragon

Re: Can't Colonize With Robotic Outpost

#2 Post by swaq »

Detection range/radar on ships has never helped to see through stealth. Are you sure there wasn't an ion storm that had passed by the time your new outpost ship arrived?

labgnome
Juggernaut

#3 Post by labgnome »

swaq wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:54 pm Detection range/radar on ships has never helped to see through stealth. Are you sure there wasn't an ion storm that had passed by the time your new outpost ship arrived?
I can't be completely certain, but I don't think so, they're the blue ones right? There were some nebulae and molecular clouds I think, the yellow and orange ones. But the ship wasn't getting any detection at all, like it had no sensor circle at all, not even a little one, so since it was outside of my detection range I didn't have proper visibility to colonize.
All of my contributions should be considered released under creative commons attribution share-alike license, CC-BY-SA 3.0 for use in, by and with the Free Orion project.

swaq
Space Dragon

#4 Post by swaq »

I could not reproduce with 33c09b6. I started a new game, researched robotic hulls, built a robotic outpost, sent it solo to a nearby planet out of scanner range of any other ships/planets, and it was able to create the outpost just fine.

labgnome
Juggernaut

#5 Post by labgnome »

swaq wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:03 pm I could not reproduce with 33c09b6. I started a new game, researched robotic hulls, built a robotic outpost, sent it solo to a nearby planet out of scanner range of any other ships/planets, and it was able to create the outpost just fine.
Okay, maybe I missed the ion storm, I finally saw one in action and it produced the detection range malus I saw with the outpost ship. My bad.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#6 Post by Oberlus »

labgnome wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:32 pm Okay, maybe I missed the ion storm, I finally saw one in action and it produced the detection range malus I saw with the outpost ship. My bad.
Next time do not only post, also zip logs and save file and take a screenshot.

labgnome
Juggernaut

#7 Post by labgnome »

Oberlus wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:11 pm
labgnome wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:32 pm Okay, maybe I missed the ion storm, I finally saw one in action and it produced the detection range malus I saw with the outpost ship. My bad.
Next time do not only post, also zip logs and save file and take a screenshot.
I didn't think to report until after the fact, my bad.