macos, freeOrion 049

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

buzzaz
Space Krill

Re: macos, freeOrion 049

#16 Post by buzzaz »

Vezzra wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:22 pm Hm, that sounds like FO has problems displaying correctly on such high resolutions on macOS.

@rastafarra, there are two options on the "Video" tab in the options dialog: "Fullscreen" and "Fake resolution change". Can you try to experiment with those and see if you find a combination of settings that works?
Can you launch FO in windowed mode and see if the game works if you use a lower resolution?
I've had the same problem on Mac OS 10.15.4 Catalina. My FO Version is "v0.4.9+ [build 2020-03-30.025f545] CMake".
I get around it by playing fullscreen at 1280-800 resolution (nothing happens in fake-resolution-change). I'm unable to capture screens in fullscreen.
===================================
Personal blog for product management: AbbasZaidi.com
"An organism coordinates a point of view." ~ T McKenna

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#17 Post by Vezzra »

Such workarounds will probably have to suffice for now. Apparently it's not easy to fix this issue properly, and until someone comes along who can tackle this...

robysherwood
Space Krill

#18 Post by robysherwood »

Hi guys!

https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/issues/2924

working for 048, failing in 049. details in the issue.