Outpost issue

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

FSM
Space Krill

Outpost issue

#1 Post by FSM »

I sent outpost ship with high stealth to the system which I didn't control (it is the system which is capital of AI but it has an empty planet). It is possible to click "place outpost" but in the next turn nothing happens. I think it's a bug (but maybe there's some rule which forbids this action).
Version 0.4.7.1-1 (downloaded with apt-get)
System: Linux Mint 19

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: Outpost issue

#2 Post by Dilvish »

You can't colonize (of which outposting is one type) if there is an armed enemy in the system, regardless of how stealthy your colonizer/outposter may be.

We probably should, though, get around to making some sort of SitRep warning when an colonizing/outposting attempt fails, the current silent fail does lead to a fair bit of confusion.

And we do already have an Issue open for it... https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/issues/1456
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0