Problems with rev 3952

Questions, problems and discussion about compiling FreeOrion.

Moderator: Oberlus

RgnadKzin
Space Squid

Problems with rev 3952

#1 Post by RgnadKzin »

It does not appear that the research and production queues are displaying properly, and the indicators at the top of the main screen do not reflect the true status of the sum of the meters.
Attachments
The research queue shows that these techs will never be completed.  However, note that the Planetary Ecology tech has completed researching.
The research queue shows that these techs will never be completed. However, note that the Planetary Ecology tech has completed researching.
research.png (194.08 KiB) Viewed 2032 times

RgnadKzin
Space Squid

Re: Problems with rev 3952

#2 Post by RgnadKzin »

The AI, which last week was causing research and new ships to be built and colonies to be established is not working. Also, note that even though this outpost ship is selected, none of the planets in the system provide themselves as a candidate for building the outpost.
Attachments
outpost.jpg
outpost.jpg (147.95 KiB) Viewed 2030 times

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#3 Post by Geoff the Medio »

I'll have to investigate, but my first guess is that I broke something in revision 3952. You might try reverting to 3951. Only Universe.cpp was changed, so there hopefully won't be any complications in doing that.

Wulfston
Space Floater

#4 Post by Wulfston »

Hey Geoff, if you notice there on top of those screenshots there. Even though it's turn 37 except for the food and the minerals there, there are ALL ZEROS for everything else. This was the problem I had said something about a few weeks ago.

For some reason I can't give a screenshot or I would have done the same.

RgnadKzin
Space Squid

Re: Problems with rev 3952 - reverted back to 3825

#5 Post by RgnadKzin »

Because I cannot tell what the empire meters are visually, I have reverted back to 3825 so that I can continue work on the AI.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#6 Post by Geoff the Medio »

I've just committed some changes that I think have fixed this issue. If either of you get a chance, please try out the latest SVN.

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#7 Post by pd »

RgnadKzin: Something weird is happening to the tail part of your fleet icons in the fleet window. I've never seen this before. The scale seems to be off.

RgnadKzin
Space Squid

#8 Post by RgnadKzin »

Geoff the Medio wrote:I've just committed some changes that I think have fixed this issue. If either of you get a chance, please try out the latest SVN.
I just pulled svn 3955. It compiled fine. I had to delete the matter from TechTreeWnd in order to get it to run. The meters at the top of the screen work fine and I can discern progress in the research and production windows.

However, after building an Outpost Ship, I am unable to create outposts at any other planet in the Statler system or any in the Kapteyn system, including Kapteyn III or in the Kapteyn asteroid belt.

The attached save file provides the first Outpost Ship. It cannot build an outpost anywhere.
Attachments
FreeOrion_RgnadKzin_Kzinti_0034.sav.zip
This save file provides the first built Outpost Ship. It cannot make an outpost anywhere.
(85.41 KiB) Downloaded 138 times