[SOLVED] SVN checkout does not compile agains current gigi

Questions, problems and discussion about compiling FreeOrion.

Moderator: Oberlus

Yamakuzure
Space Krill

[SOLVED] SVN checkout does not compile agains current gigi

#1 Post by Yamakuzure »

Hi there!

I am trying to get freeorion to run on my gentoo based system for quite some time. First few months I had the "game hangs with unregistered class exception"-Problem described in various threads. (It is a boost related message, and means that something from boost is not used correctly.)

As the threads discussing that problem are all kinda "WONTFIX", I have compiled everything with debug flags, and wanted to do the last step of compiling freeorion with debugging on against the debug versions of the boost library. Maybe I can provide a full trace to help with this problem. (Which, according to this thread doesn't seem to be neccessary any more.)

Unfortunately freeorion does no longer compile, it seems that GiGi had a minor API change:

Code: Select all

* subversion update start -->
 *      repository: https://freeorion.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/freeorion/trunk
(...)
Fetching external item into 'FreeOrion/GG'
(...)
Updated external to revision 1013.

Updated to revision 3946.
(...)
[ 81%] Building CXX object client/human/CMakeFiles/freeorion.dir/__/__/UI/CUIStyle.cpp.o
FreeOrion/UI/CUIStyle.cpp: In member function 'virtual GG::StateButton* CUIStyle::NewTabBarTab(GG::X, GG::Y, GG::X, GG::Y, const std::string&, const boost::shared_ptr<GG::Font>&, GG::Flags<GG::TextFormat>, GG::Clr, GG::Clr, GG::Clr, GG::StateButtonStyle, GG::Flags<GG::WndFlag>) const':
FreeOrion/UI/CUIStyle.cpp:158:42: error: no matching function for call to 'GG::StateButton::MinUsableSize()'
/usr/include/GG/Button.h:162:16: note: candidate is: virtual GG::Pt GG::StateButton::MinUsableSize(GG::X) const
[ 82%] Building CXX object client/human/CMakeFiles/freeorion.dir/__/__/UI/CUIControls.cpp.o
FreeOrion/UI/CUIControls.cpp: In member function 'virtual GG::Pt CUIStateButton::MinUsableSize() const':
FreeOrion/UI/CUIControls.cpp:306:48: error: no matching function for call to 'CUIStateButton::MinUsableSize() const'
/usr/include/GG/Button.h:162:16: note: candidate is: virtual GG::Pt GG::StateButton::MinUsableSize(GG::X) const
FreeOrion/UI/CUIControls.cpp:307:43: error: no matching function for call to 'CUIStateButton::MinUsableSize() const'
/usr/include/GG/TextControl.h:86:16: note: candidate is: virtual GG::Pt GG::TextControl::MinUsableSize(GG::X) const
Please don't get confused with the fact that GG is installed in /usr/include/GG. On a gentoo system the external reference is ignored and a system-wide install of GiGi used. But that is a live-build, using the same sources from the same trunk:

* subversion update start -->
 *      repository: https://gigi.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gigi/trunk
(Well, at least I hope it is the same, but then, it wouldn't make any sense if it wheren't so, right?)

Thanks for your help

P.S. @Forum-Mod: Why are "gmx.net" and "gmx.de" blocked? I had to use my sourceforge mail-alias to register.
Last edited by Yamakuzure on Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kmem russian roulette:

dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/kmem bs=1 count=1 seek=$RANDOM
Blast C++

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: SVN checkout does not compile agains current gigi checkout

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Yamakuzure wrote:

Fetching external item into 'FreeOrion/GG'
(...)
Updated external to revision 1013.
First thing I suggest is updating GG again. The latest revision is 1035 as of this writing.

FreeOrion/UI/CUIStyle.cpp:158:42: error: no matching function for call to 'GG::StateButton::MinUsableSize()'
Something's gotten out of sync between your SVN updates and installing of GG. Line 162 of Button.h is:

virtual Pt       MinUsableSize() const;
and has been since revision 984. Prior to that, but only very briefly, (from revision 975 to 983) there was a GG::X parameter.
Why are "gmx.net" and "gmx.de" blocked? I had to use my sourceforge mail-alias to register.
We got a lot of spam account registrations from those domains.

Yamakuzure
Space Krill

Re: SVN checkout does not compile agains current gigi checkout

#3 Post by Yamakuzure »

Alot of spam accounts from gmx? wow...

However, I have checked Gigi out again, so no incremental update, and now everything compiles fine. Unfortunately I have the "undefined reference" message from ld now, like described here and will try to get it up and running again today.

Thanks alot!

Edith is happy: Yes, with the no-xml-serilization trick from the thread mentioned above, freeorion now works like a charm! Thanks again!
kmem russian roulette:

dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/kmem bs=1 count=1 seek=$RANDOM
Blast C++