compile ok but doesn't run

Questions, problems and discussion about compiling FreeOrion.

Moderator: Oberlus

weaz
Krill Swarm

compile ok but doesn't run

#1 Post by weaz »

The latest trunk compiles ok but when I try to run it the some ogres come out and smash it

weaz@glottis:~/freeorion/FreeOrion$ ./freeorion
main() caught exception(std::exception): OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Could not load dynamic library ./RenderSystem_GL. System Error: ./RenderSystem_GL.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in DynLib::load at OgreDynLib.cpp (line 80)

Please help my kingdom!!!

PS I have the latest fortress design, mark of the Ubuntu builders on the holly year 9.10

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: compile ok but doesn't run

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

weaz
Krill Swarm

#3 Post by weaz »

I did try that but it does not seem to work. Could it be because I am using ogre 1.6.1 the one on ubuntu tree?

Geoff the Medio

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

OGRE 1.6.1 should be sufficient.

When you say you "did try that but it does not seem to work", what does that mean? Did you have trouble creating the symlinks, or did they get created but FreeOrion still can't find the dynamic libraries? Do those libraries exist on your system? Perhaps they're not in the location mentioned on the wiki, in which case you should find them and link to where they are on your system.

weaz
Krill Swarm

#5 Post by weaz »

thnaks, that was my problem, now it is working

Geoff the Medio

#6 Post by Geoff the Medio »

weaz wrote:thnaks, that was my problem, now it is working
Could you clarify what "that" was?

weaz
Krill Swarm

#7 Post by weaz »

I used a wrong soft link , had set it as on wiki to /usr/local/lib/OGRE instead of /usr/lib/OGRE
Your advice really helped, thank you. I will now try and do what I had in mind, more ship hulls blueprints based on ship size, already finished one for small size, will work on medium size next and post them both in graphics section. Perhaps they look close and cool enough to the current one to be taken into the tree. Sorry I can not help with the programming part, I know there is a dire need for such, but I only go for low level embedded C, object programming is not one of my strong points.