libGiGiOgrePlugin_OIS.so

Questions, problems and discussion about compiling FreeOrion.

Moderator: Oberlus

natasiel
Space Krill

libGiGiOgrePlugin_OIS.so

#1 Post by natasiel »

Hello,

I just compiled freeorion and all the required dependencies successfully, but when starting, I get the following error:

Code: Select all

$./freeorion
main() caught exception(std::exception): OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Could not load dynamic library libGiGiOgrePlugin_OIS.so.  System Error: libGiGiOgrePlugin_OIS.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in DynLib::load at OgreDynLib.cpp (line 81)
AL lib: ALc.c:1368: exit(): closing 1 Device
AL lib: ALc.c:1345: alcCloseDevice(): destroying 1 Context
AL lib: alSource.c:2362: alcDestroyContext(): deleting 16 Source(s)
AL lib: alBuffer.c:1079: exit(): deleting 2 Buffer(s)
From what I understand, GiGi used GiGiSDL, which seems to override GiGiOgrePlugin_OIS for the inputs, not compiling the later one. But now, when running the executable, it stills try to link on the missing library.

Anybody has an idea?

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: libGiGiOgrePlugin_OIS.so

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

I'm not fully aware of the details on linux, but as far as I know, GiGiSDL isn't used for FreeOrion; GiGiOgre does the equivalent, but uses Ogre instead of SDL.

Regarding the not-found library, did you scons install after scons configure?

The Compile in Linux wiki page also mentions adding a directory to /etc/ld.so.conf

natasiel
Space Krill

#3 Post by natasiel »

Fixed, here's how I compiled GG:

Code: Select all

cd FreeOrion/GG
scons configure debug=0 build_ogre_ois_plugin=yes
scons debug=0
scons install
ldconfig
Now the application segfault when starting, not leaving any kind of logs behind. I have read somewhere else that ATI cards owners are out of luck?

From now on, I guess my problem is using the dri_r300 driver. Too bad, my cause is desperate.

Good luck with your project.

-nat.

OndrejR
Space Dragon

#4 Post by OndrejR »

natasiel wrote:Now the application segfault when starting, not leaving any kind of logs behind. I have read somewhere else that ATI cards owners are out of luck?

From now on, I guess my problem is using the dri_r300 driver. Too bad, my cause is desperate.
Problem is maybe not in ATI cards. There is thread about this on this forum. Logs are in .freeorion