Error trying to build GG with scons

Questions, problems and discussion about compiling FreeOrion.

Moderator: Oberlus

Lizard
Space Krill

Error trying to build GG with scons

#1 Post by Lizard »

Hi I'm using openSUSE and I'd like to install free orion there. I tried building it but it complained about having to compile GG first. When I did it I got the following error:

Code: Select all

rolf@linux-ejmp:~/Download/FreeOrion-trunk/freeorion/FreeOrion/GG> scons
(...)
g++ -o minimal -pthread tutorial/minimal.o -L. -L/usr/lib -lboost_signals -lboost_system -lboost_filesystem -lboost_thread -lGL -lGLU -lz -lfreetype -ljpeg -lpng -ltiff -lSDL -lpthread -lGiGi -lGiGiSDL -lboost_serialization
./libGiGi.so: undefined reference to `boost::signals::detail::signal_base::signal_base(boost::function2<bool, boost::signals::detail::stored_group, boost::signals::detail::stored_group> const&, boost::any const&)'
./libGiGi.so: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::detail::not_found_error()'
./libGiGi.so: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::detail::status_api(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, boost::system::error_code&)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
scons: *** [minimal] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.
I have an svn checkout of the 0.3.11 revision, GG is on revision 700

Could someone help me, please? It isn't the first source I build, but I haven't used Linux for long.

kroddn
Static Linker

Re: Error trying to build GG with scons

#2 Post by kroddn »

Its not a really problem with GG, but with the tutorials shipped with it. I solved this problem somehow, but I cannot remember how. The problem is, that the boost libs linked to the tutorials are wrongly named.

Does the following command work?

Code: Select all

g++ -o minimal -pthread tutorial/minimal.o -L. -L/usr/lib -lboost_signals -lboost_system -lboost_filesystem -lboost_thread -lGL -lGLU -lz -lfreetype -ljpeg -lpng -ltiff -lSDL -lpthread -lGiGi -lGiGiSDL -lboost_serialization -lboost_signals -lboost_system -lboost_filesystem -lboost_thread
If g++ links by order, then GiGi and GiGiSDL are linked at the end, but them need those boost libs too.