a couple semi-bugs

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Ouaz
Dyson Forest

a couple semi-bugs

#1 Post by Ouaz »

I use this topic rather than create a new one, for a "debug output" too:

Latest build 2015-07-06.6d7ff1e

1) In the Production screen, when you check the required conditions to unlock/construct a building, it seems there is one that is broken (displays "CurrentContent" instead of the building name). I'm sure it worked in previous versions, as I have to translate it (and didn't see this error):
current_content.gif
current_content.gif (32.46 KiB) Viewed 1838 times

2) The Options window (in the Menu) can only be resized vertically, not horizontally. Not a big deal in english, but cut off some lines in french:
resize_options_menu.gif
resize_options_menu.gif (24.39 KiB) Viewed 1838 times

Thanks!
I release every updated file under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: a couple semi-bugs

#2 Post by Dilvish »

Ouaz, I moved this post to a new thread because these are really not at all issues regarding what settings we should use for 0.4.5.

I titled the threads semi-bugs, because they are both examples of where the UI is not fully satisfactory, but I don't think either are true bugs.

I agree that with the first item it would be nicer for the designation "CurrentContent" in the tooltip to actually be replaced with the name of the current content, and I don't see any reason why it should not be made to do so (just a matter of someone getting around to it, I think).

Mel-odious has been doing a lot of work on window resizing (PR in progress on his fork) so I expect there is a pretty decent chance his work will take care of your second item.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#3 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Dilvish wrote:I agree that with the first item it would be nicer for the designation "CurrentContent" in the tooltip to actually be replaced with the name of the current content, and I don't see any reason why it should not be made to do so (just a matter of someone getting around to it, I think).
I don't understand why it isn't already. BuildingType::Init calls SetTopLevelContent for the enqueue location condition with the building name, which should get propagated to the contained ValueRef / Condition tree.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#4 Post by Dilvish »

Re CurrentContent: the Constant<std::string>::Description() method just needed the same handling as was already present for Eval(); it's now fixed.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0