Techradar top 100 free games

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

biza
Space Squid

Techradar top 100 free games

#1 Post by biza »

I just wanted to share with you, as was looking at techradar "Top 100 best free games you should play today" got good surprise at number 16 :)

Description is not 100% right...
Ever wanted to run your own galaxy? Such real life aspirations might be a sign you have a hint of a megalomania problem, but in the game world it's perfectly acceptable. The dominance of consoles mean that we rarely see games of such scope, but for the more ambitious gamer, there's FreeOrion.

It's a free indie title inspired by the classic space strategy series Master of Orion, the first two instalments of which were adored back in the 90s. But as games that old seem a bit musty these days, we have FreeOrion.

As it's still in the thick of development, it's best for those who have some experience of the genre. Let's just say it's not exactly user-friendly yet.
Ah yes, it is http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/to ... day-695473

Cheers!

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: Techradar top 100 free games

#2 Post by Dilvish »

Hey, this is about us! You don't have to put it in "Off Topic" :D (indeed, I think I'll move it)

Thanks for sharing.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#3 Post by Geoff the Medio »

This has been on the wiki media coverage page for a few months, and was tweeted about.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#4 Post by Dilvish »

Geoff the Medio wrote:This has been on the wiki media coverage page for a few months, and was tweeted about.
Cool, I'm glad to hear someone is staying on top of such things. I'm still glad to see a post here about it also (if there had been one before I seem to have missed it).
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0