how to defeat rogue fleets, everything i send turns rogue

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

rogue_fleets_rekt
Space Krill

how to defeat rogue fleets, everything i send turns rogue

#1 Post by rogue_fleets_rekt »

As the title says... everything I send turns into rogue as well... unwinnable? or do I need to research something??

The fleet I had in Akrab A turned rogue and then everything I sent just reinforced them...

https://i.imgur.com/KCE7fxY.jpg

edit: figured out what I need to research. Too little too late...

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: how to defeat rogue fleets, everything i send turns rogu

#2 Post by MatGB »

Just saw this as it got hit by the new user filter.

Basically, as I think you've discovered, you're being affected by Psionic Snowflakes and they're taking your ships. If you've got a Telepathic species, build ships with them, and improving your detection tech substantially will help.

On the other hand, you could write the game off as a learning experience, you appear to have done OK up until this point, they're end-game monsters meant to give you a challenge, you should still be able to push them back, but it'll be harder.

Just checking, they shouldn't be taking ALL your ships, it should be about 10%, if it's a lot more than that there might still be a problem with the random number generator that we'd need to look into.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Daniel Santos
Space Floater

Re: how to defeat rogue fleets, everything i send turns rogue

#3 Post by Daniel Santos »

Rise RISE! Rise from your slumber, oh thread!

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I just want to say Gateway To The Void, baby! I can't remember if that was in the game back in 2014 or not. This is my first time I've gotten to these bastards -- VERY NICE! A wonderful challenge! My compliments to the chef. I had to look it up to learn that they take ships from one starlane jump away though :( It might be helpful to give a hint about that somewhere in the description.

Now I've got a rogue nanorobotic, fractal, and solor -- all loaded with up death rays -- roaming around. Desperately trying to get a non-organic shipyard up and running.

defaultuser
Juggernaut

Re: how to defeat rogue fleets, everything i send turns rogue

#4 Post by defaultuser »

It wasn't mentioned in the original response, but Psionic Snowflakes only affect ships with organic crews. So you can send ships with other crew types against them without fearing of being captured.