a few AI changes & bugfixes

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

a few AI changes & bugfixes

#1 Post by Dilvish »

I put in a few AI changes & bugfixes; if anyone wants to try them out before the next weekly build here is the patch. The main resulting difference is for the AI to have a greater focus on research (perhaps too much, feedback is welcome) and for it to do a more accurate job with its industry/research balance planning.

I also still need to adjust the AI for some of the recent ship cost changes, I'll try to get that in before the next weekly build also.
Attachments

[The extension patch has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: a few AI changes & bugfixes

#2 Post by MatGB »

The AI falling behind on research has been something I've been complaining about for ages, my attitude in general is it's not possible to focus too much that way (well, it is, but it's rarely harmful).

I've just finished a game, I'll apply the patch but... I'm in the middle of doing some tweaking to the balance of the organic/cellular growth line so that might mess up any testing as, well, what I'm doing is expected to mess the AI up a bit as I'm changing stuff they actually use.

Definitely a good thing though.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.