New to Free Orion

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

jenschou
Space Krill

New to Free Orion

#1 Post by jenschou »

Hi all!

I just wanted to introduce myself. I started playing FO at the start of April and have enjoyed playing it quite a lot :-) I also like modding, and have already started tinkering on my own, with the vision of helping out the community.

I have studied Computer Science, but never worked as a programmer professionally, and it's quite a few years since I did anything in this field. So, in short, I can read code, but not write it, for now. However I love tinkering with game balance, so that is what i mostly feel I could help with.

Regards,
Jens

Num7
Space Squid

Re: New to Free Orion

#2 Post by Num7 »

Hi and welcome!

Man, I'm mostly a lurker here right now. I'm not a professional programmer either, but I was able to contribute to FreeOrion last year (detection circles opacity setting and galaxy seed random button in game setup). I thought it would encourage you to know that. That's why I figured it was a good time to log in and say hi!

I hope you'll get to contribute with your very own ideas and concepts. Looking forward to reading your suggestions.

Good luck! :)
If this post contains code, it's released under GPL 2.0 or later.

jenschou
Space Krill

Re: New to Free Orion

#3 Post by jenschou »

Thanks!

Yeah, I have a few ideas already, will be posting once I've done some more testing :-)