v0.4.3 Release Preparations

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: v0.4.3 Release Preparations

#46 Post by Vezzra »

Geoff the Medio wrote:Since there haven't been any RC-relevant issues noted, I'm expecting to declare RC2 to be the actual v0.4.3 release later today...
I didn't have much time for FO these last days, so I haven't been able to do any playtesting yet. But if others have done that and didn't discover anything that needs to be addressed for the 0.4.3 release, then go ahead...

Bigjoe5
Designer and Programmer

#47 Post by Bigjoe5 »

MatGB wrote:Been thinking re mines, might it be possible/better to have them do a %age structure damage each turn instead of a set amount? ATM smaller ship hulls die horribly whereas larger hulls don't even notice them most of the time, especially if they're in supply range and you've got ADC.

For the most part mines just mean small hulls become obsolete completely in the later game, which prevents some fleet strategies &c, whereas %age structure would mean big ships would fear them a bit and small ships would still survive them (if they survive the battle relatively intact).
I agree that (if mines continue to be in the game in more or less their current form) the inflicted damage should be at least partially proportional to max structure. MoO2 handled the Artemis System Net in a similar way.
Warning: Antarans in dimensional portal are closer than they appear.

em3
Vacuum Dragon

#48 Post by em3 »

Bigjoe5 wrote:I agree that (if mines continue to be in the game in more or less their current form) the inflicted damage should be at least partially proportional to max structure. MoO2 handled the Artemis System Net in a similar way.
An alternative would be to flag hulls depending on their size class (say: small, medium, large, titan) and calculate damage based on that. This hull attribute could be used later for other things (like weapons only mountable on large or titan hulls or a lesser stargate tech only enabling travel for small ships).
https://github.com/mmoderau
[...] for Man has earned his right to hold this planet against all comers, by virtue of occasionally producing someone totally batshit insane. - Randall Munroe, title text to xkcd #556