Outposting Trouble

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Outposting Trouble

#1 Post by Dilvish »

The Xocotl Asteroids in the attached save file don't seem to be outpostable by the outpost ships I created on a capture planet (species Etty) -- if I select the outpost ship in the xocotl system, the label for the Asteroids simply shifts to "(uninhabitable) rather than give the "Place Outpost" button. Nearby are the Wasat Asteroids, where Etty outpost ships get the outpost button just fine. Swapping Etty outpost ships between the Wasat and Xocotl systems still leaves the Xocotl asteroids as showing as "uninhabitable" for either ship, and Wasat asteroids outpostable for either ship. Review of the regular and server logs does not show any type of Special associated with Xocotl.

Particularly telling is that the Human outpost ship camped next system over has no trouble getting the outpost button if it enters Xocotl, and if I bring it in while the Etty outpost ship is still in system, then the Etty outpost ship can get the 'Place Outpost' button, and if I try that, selecting the Etty outpost ship to outpost the xocotl asteroids while the human outpost ship is present, then success follows, with the Etty outpost ship being consumed as it should be.

Review of the code doesn't reveal anything remiss to me; I'm stumped.

edit: removing attached file, to not consume board attachment allocation
Last edited by Dilvish on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Outposting Trouble

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

The save doesn't want to load for me, but you could stick a breakpoint in SidePanel::PlanetPanel::Refresh and step through the code to see what's happening. Or if you can't do breakpoints, stick some debug output lines in there.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: Outposting Trouble

#3 Post by Dilvish »

something about the way my IDE/debugger handle the multiple threads here seems to interfere with breakpointing in this app. I'll try get around to exploring it with the logger, though.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0