Multiline Text Colouration - Test Please

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Multiline Text Colouration - Test Please

#1 Post by Geoff the Medio »

I removed some asserts from some GG code in font tag handling, which I hope will prevent some crashes that have been reported on Linux, as in this bug report. I've never seen any issues on Windows, so I'm hoping some Linux users could test if they get a crash using a similar series of steps as in that bug report when testing with SVN revisions 5172 and 5173. Resizing the encyclopedia window on the design screen might also help produce the crash, after there are a dozen or so parts with multiple-word names listed in the incomplete design description. The idea is to get a single part name to break line between words, so that the internal font colour open and close tags are on different lines, which I semi-guess is the problem.

So, please test and report back if you're able to do so on Linux, or perhaps also OSX.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: Test Please

#2 Post by Vezzra »

Geoff the Medio wrote:...So, please test and report back if you're able to do so on Linux, or perhaps also OSX.
As these crashes were the results of failing assertions, they also occured on OSX (beause the FO binary is build without NDEBUG defined), therefore feedback for OSX is indeed welcome :)

zhur
Space Floater

#3 Post by zhur »

Geoff the Medio wrote:So, please test and report back if you're able to do so on Linux, or perhaps also OSX.
Confirming the crash doesn't happen anymore in r5173.

Geoff the Medio

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Does it happen for you in 5172?

zhur
Space Floater

#5 Post by zhur »

Geoff the Medio wrote:Does it happen for you in 5172?
Yes, it does.

Geoff the Medio

#6 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Any do you notice any font colouration quirkiness around linebreaks in the encyclopedia window, particularly when a single clickable link of multiple words (like a single ship design name or tech name that has two words but highlights all together when moused over)? I'm worried that just the part of the term on the first line will be properly coloured, but not the rest of it at the start of the next line...

zhur
Space Floater

#7 Post by zhur »

Geoff the Medio wrote:Any do you notice any font colouration quirkiness around linebreaks in the encyclopedia window, particularly when a single clickable link of multiple words (like a single ship design name or tech name that has two words but highlights all together when moused over)? I'm worried that just the part of the term on the first line will be properly coloured, but not the rest of it at the start of the next line...
This is how it looks like - is there anything strange?

Edit: I just noticed that if I scroll down with a mouse and it is near white text at the bottom of the pedia window (starting with "Total Attack Damage: 514") all that text sometimes turns green.
Attachments
design.jpeg
design.jpeg (191.5 KiB) Viewed 1191 times

Geoff the Medio

#8 Post by Geoff the Medio »

zhur wrote:Edit: I just noticed that if I scroll down with a mouse and it is near white text at the bottom of the pedia window (starting with "Total Attack Damage: 514") all that text sometimes turns green.
Not clear what that means, but it sounds like the opposite problem to what I was expecting. Better than a crash, though, I suppose.