Dead-end screen?

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Steve
Space Floater

Dead-end screen?

#1 Post by Steve »

So, I just moved the control-bar (the one with the Turn Button, SitRep, etc) to the bottom of the screen. Nifty! I might like it there better...
<play, play, play>
Ooo... new tech! Lemme go design a ship... Bwaaa-Ha-Ha! With my new fleet of superweapons, all shall worship me, and despair...

OK, now click "Production," I wanna get my new BadBoys into play! Uhhh... "Production"? SitRep? Bueller? Anyone?

That menubar appears to be hidden, if it's not in its default position.

Is this correct? Or have I (probably :oops: ) just overlooked something?
uhh.... [SVN 4635] fwiw...

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

Re: Dead-end screen?

#2 Post by eleazar »

I'm not sure exactly what you are describing, but if you:
quit,
delete freeorion's "config.xml"
and restart, your preferences, including window position should be reset to the default position.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#3 Post by Geoff the Medio »

It's not necessary to quit the game or delete config files. I think it should suffice to press escape to get out of whatever subscreen you're on, and then the menu bar can be dragged back to the top of the screen. If you can't escape, just quitting and restarting will reposition windows, as their positions are not stored in the config file.

There are various issues with the UI, such as this, and the lack of proper updating of subscreen sizes if the main FreeOrion window is open.

Steve
Space Floater

#4 Post by Steve »

Geoff the Medio wrote:It's not necessary to quit the game or delete config files. I think it should suffice to press escape ...
:oops:
D'oh!!!

I actually fixed it via a window-resize (windowed rather than fullscreen, obviously!): the menu-bar re-sized to be edge-to-edge (so I could grab it, click'n'drag to top of screen) but the Design screen didn't resize...