Just downloaded installed, peeked (Fedora Linux)

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

baeswyn
Space Krill

Just downloaded installed, peeked (Fedora Linux)

#1 Post by baeswyn »

Installed easy (tar xvfz or.what.not) Fedora 32bit

The Music is superb, very EVE, very MOO.

Look forward to playing a single player game full through.

Also, its a shame that its not on the repository, I did a few searches but it should really be (yum install freeorion.i686) imo.

Using a Inspiron B130 Laptop, and running off a USB drive so its amazingly lite game *at first glance at least*.

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

Re: Just downloaded installed, peeked (Fedora Linux)

#2 Post by eleazar »

Glad you like it :)

I'm not sure why it's not in your Fedora repository. Some Linux flavors have a version from a couple years ago: 0.3.15, but that is woefully out of date.

baeswyn
Space Krill

#3 Post by baeswyn »

Alright, it looks like I got the 0.3.15 version, but it still looks good (no space lanes tho) after I enabled some of the background details!

I need to chase down this new version. I'm one of the guys with the Intel graphics card that only goes upto like Shader 1.5 lol, ah well.

EDIT: Aaahhh!! the new version is Windows/OSX only. Same deal with FreeCiv go figure, I will have to just make due with the older versions, still like new to me anyways. I am fairly new to linux as a whole, having just brief experience in the past, so maybe there is something I am missing.

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

#4 Post by eleazar »

baeswyn wrote:EDIT: Aaahhh!! the new version is Windows/OSX only. Same deal with FreeCiv go figure, I will have to just make due with the older versions, still like new to me anyways. I am fairly new to linux as a whole, having just brief experience in the past, so maybe there is something I am missing.
Unless you compile it yourself:
http://www.freeorion.org/index.php/Compile

I really would recommend .3.17 or later if you can figure out the compiling, since we have been focusing on playability and fun recently.