A Newbie's Two Cents

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: A Newbie's Two Cents

#16 Post by Geoff the Medio »

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:Installed GiGi, rev 853 so it would have Boost 1.42 as a dependency
You can't use GG 853 with the latest SVN of FreeOrion. You need to have them both fully up-to-date.
ShneekeyTheLost wrote:Boost libraries (>=1.44.0) not found
You can try editing the CMakeLists.txt or boost-finding CMake scripts to reduce the required version. I suggest just getting a newer version of Boost, however.
Is there any other way, barring downloading and installing the most current version of Boost (which I found here) to deal with this error?
Boost 1.46.1 would probably work.

ShneekeyTheLost
Space Floater

#17 Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

I think I installed Boost properly, but it won't recognize it. It still seems to think I've got 1.42.0 installed.

I've also tried to get Bullet installed, but it's not wanting to do it.

Also, at least 11.04 comes with libbulletml-dev and libbulletml0d2 which seem similar to Bullet, although they're probably rather different critters.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#18 Post by Geoff the Medio »

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:I think I installed Boost properly, but it won't recognize it. It still seems to think I've got 1.42.0 installed.
You might need to re-run cmake and point it to the new location, as if you have multiple versions installed, and it remembers where the old version is, it perhaps won't attempt to find the new one.

ShneekeyTheLost
Space Floater

#19 Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

How do I point CMake to the new directory?
Presumably you could run ccmake again and edit where it's looking for Boost.