Forum Problem

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Fimbul_Fambi
Space Floater

Forum Problem

#1 Post by Fimbul_Fambi »

For the last year or so I have occasionally gotten messages from the forum indicating that someone had commented on my post. When I check the thread, I notice that no one has commented on the thread for several months.

Here is the text of the email that I recieved on 4/18/2011:

Hello Fimbul_Fambi,

You are receiving this notification because you are watching the topic, "New-ish player: a couple of observations" at "FreeOrion". This topic has received a reply since your last visit. You can use the following link to view the replies made, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

If you want to view the newest post made since your last visit, click the following link:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4650&p=45821&e=45821

If you want to view the topic, click the following link:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4650

If you no longer wish to watch this topic you can either click the "Unsubscribe topic" link found at the bottom of the topic above, or by clicking the following link:

viewtopic.php?uid=23196&f=2&t=4650&unwatch=topic

--
Thanks, The Management

If you follow the link, you'll see that no one has replied to the thread since sometime in 2010. So why am I getting a message about it now?

Has anyone else been having this problem?

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

Re: Forum Problem

#2 Post by pd »

It's possible that spam posts have been posted as a reply. Those get deleted of course, but you will have been notified anyways.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Forum Problem

#3 Post by Geoff the Medio »

As pd suggests, spam posts are the most likely cause of this. I'm usually fairly prompt in removing them, and we get several per day on average, with some days getting a dozen or more in one bunch from a bot.