I'm back... ready to contribute.

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

kmano8
Space Krill

I'm back... ready to contribute.

#1 Post by kmano8 »

Well, let me first apologize. Some of you may remember me. I jumped on this project with Tyreth when it first started almost a year ago. I was the original host of the forums. Then, unfortunately, I lost my connection to the interent, server and all. To keep a long story short, I didn't know I wasn't supposed to be hosting my own server using my service providers bandwidth.

Yes, I did get back online with a different provider sooner than not, but due to my loss of files, I didn't see it fit in comming back to the project. I'm sorry that I "disappeared of the face of the earth." I should have told you guys what was up when it happened.

In recent weeks I have been contemplating whether to come back, since my coming back might not be welcomed. But if everyone is alright with it, I would love to do some graphics work. I hope this isn't a burden on anyone, and I plan on putting a good amount of effort into freeorion.

Thank you for your understanding.

-Kman

That Guy
Dyson Forest

#2 Post by That Guy »

Woah, you made the EXACT same post in the graphics forum, and it took me about 5 mins to figure out what was going on...

Anyways, I wasn't around then, but it sounds like it wasn't your fault, if they just cut it. Well, as far as I am conserned, good to have you aboard...
"The one perfect impossibility is perfection."

kmano8
Space Krill

#3 Post by kmano8 »

thanks.

Aquitaine
Lead Designer Emeritus

#4 Post by Aquitaine »

(this reply is public since your post was).

I would never turn away anybody with interest and ability. You did nothing malicious and so of course you are welcome back.

That said, it would've been nice to know one way or the other back when, like, I called your house trying to find out wtf happened to our files. :-/

But hey, all of this stuff relies on people's good will, and we did learn an important lesson from it -- always back up your forum! So, these things happen, and it would hardly be fair to hold it against you, since you were kind enough to volunteer resources in the first place. Other than collective cardiac arrest whenever these forums go down, there is no lasting damage that hasn't been repaired.

welcome aboard. :) again!

-Aq
Surprise and Terror! I am greeted by the smooth and hostile face of our old enemy, the Hootmans! No... the Huge-glands, no, I remember, the Hunams!

kmano8
Space Krill

#5 Post by kmano8 »

thanks man.

FoolishBose
Krill Swarm

#6 Post by FoolishBose »

*warm fuzzy hugs for everybody*