Resetting focus to Balanced

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

techogre
Space Krill

Resetting focus to Balanced

#1 Post by techogre »

Hi! New to freeorion and loving it!

However, I would like to know how to assign population to different tasks (production, food research, etc). Right now, it's all or nothing.

At least how can I reset a planet to a balanced focus.

Thanks!

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Resetting focus to Balanced

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

If you're playing v0.3.15, the latest release, there is no "balanced" focus. Each planet has a single focus selection. You can change this, but you can't assign a planet more than one focus. If you want to increase output of multiple types of resources, you'll need to create additional colonies and focus them accordingly.

FJRA
Space Krill

#3 Post by FJRA »

I think the developers should think about adding it. After playing for a hundred turns, only systems with many planets are usable, one for each focus. But systems with only one planet cannot be useful, either it dies or produces food. Because when if focus on prod or mining the other resources go to 0. Cannot be set as target something else than 0 when not on focus?

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

#4 Post by eleazar »

Planets in different systems that are close enough to each other can share resources -- not only ones in the same system. Notice the starlanes that are empire-colored, systems that are connected can share.

I agree it's too rough getting started, further adjustments to focus are being discussed.

FJRA
Space Krill

#5 Post by FJRA »

eleazar wrote:Planets in different systems that are close enough to each other can share resources -- not only ones in the same system. Notice the starlanes that are empire-colored, systems that are connected can share.
I didn't noticed it! Maybe because my planets were placed too far :P .