ressource supply lines expansion / bette construction output

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

joanc
Space Krill

ressource supply lines expansion / bette construction output

#1 Post by joanc »

i understand ressource supply lines depends on construction ;
i need to expand them so that i can share ressources on my worlds ;
imperial palace is 1 turn @ 1PP/turn (it seems wrong to be so low),
so i build like 30 imperial palace, consturction maximum is around 100,
and i can share more ressources. now it seems wrong to build so many
imperial palaces on every planet. what do i do to expland my supply ressource lines ?
megalith gives me +3 but is costly. what's next ?

also, there is tons of research items that have a cool description but do not explain what they do, what bonuses they give (fusion plants is an exemple)

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: ressource supply lines expansion / bette construction output

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

There are the Orbital Construction, Galactic Resource Manager and Controlled Gravity Wells techs to increase resource supply lines.

I don't see why you're having problems with Fusion Plants... The end of its description says: "Increases target industry on planets with the Industry focus by one half of the planet's population."

Is the meaning of increasing the target industry not clear, or are you seeing different text than what should be in v0.3.15 according to the commit logs?

If you want a more verbose description, you can turn on autogenerated effects descriptions in the options screen UI tab. You probably won't like reading those, though.

If you don't like the costs of techs or buildings, or what they do, you can edit techs.txt or buildings.txt in the FreeOrion/default directory. The format for cost and build time should be self-explanitory. Effects are a bit more complicated, but are discussed here.

joanc
Space Krill

Re: ressource supply lines expansion / bette construction output

#3 Post by joanc »

Geoff the Medio wrote:There are the Orbital Construction, Galactic Resource Manager and Controlled Gravity Wells techs to increase resource supply lines.
thanks !
Geoff the Medio wrote: I don't see why you're having problems with Fusion Plants... The end of its description says: "Increases target industry on planets with the Industry focus by one half of the planet's population."

[...]
huh, sorry, I was playing 0.3.14 thinking it was the latest build.