Newb: Long Build Times

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

asdfsdf
Space Krill

Newb: Long Build Times

#1 Post by asdfsdf »

Am I right in assuming that it isn't normal for my home planet to take 85 turns to build one colony ship? My last ship, a scout ship, took just 10 turns to build, but if I try to build another scout ship it also takes 80 turns. I don't see why the build time would jump between construction projects. Could one of you help me? Thanks.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Newb: Long Build Times

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

I believe it is intended that colony ships be very expensive / slow to produce if you're just using your starting homeworld to produce them. Colony Base can speed things up if there's a planet to be colonized in the starting system, and you can try to find somewhere good to put down your starting colony ship to help boost productivity.

See this post and the following discussion: viewtopic.php?p=43955#p43955

That said, research and production costs probably need or will need further balancing.

As to the issue of a scout taking 10 turns, and then another scout taking 80... that sounds strange. Are they both on the queue at the same time, or did you wait until the first was finished to enqueue the second? How much minerals and industry is your homeworld producing? What else is on the production queue?

joanc
Space Krill

bug with colony ship display construction time

#3 Post by joanc »

it seems that on 0.3.15, when you are in the production screen, you can see inconsistency in the total time of production and what it should be.

for exemple, mark 1 takes 1turn @ 112PP. so i need, total 112PP to produce it.

change SR_LASER build time from 1 to 2
buildtime = 2
then the same ship is displayed (bottom), correctly : 2 x 56 = 112 PP ( total 112PP to produce it.)
and at top : 2 turns @ 28 PP, (which is 56PP total)

otherwise, calculation on the real time it takes and the real PP it takes (112) seems right.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Newb: Long Build Times

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Issues with costs of production items in and after v0.3.15 have been reported before and (hopefully) fixed in SVN.