Project Status / News

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

TomChiverton
Space Floater

Project Status / News

#1 Post by TomChiverton »

Given the last release was 9-odd months ago, and there's no new news, is the whole project just very quiet right now ?

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Statically linked Linux-version

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

News posts aren't very strongly correlated with the rate of development activity, but news releases are very strongly correlated with releases. I suppose I could put up a news item about "No, FreeOrion isn't dead. Just FYI." but it doesn't seem very newsworthy...

If you want a summary of recent changes this is a useful summary. Otherwise, design discussions are always / often happening on the forums.

TomChiverton
Space Floater

Re: Statically linked Linux-version

#3 Post by TomChiverton »

Some sort of semi-regular (monthly) user-friendly (a commit log isn't) summary of progress done would at least keep the news tickers going round...

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

Re: Project Status / News

#4 Post by eleazar »

I've seen them in other projects. Feel free to compile such a thing if you think it would be useful. This is open source, if you see a need, try to fill it.

I think most of us involved with the project have our hands full with what we are already doing. Personally i know of dozens of things for FreeOrion that i could work on, but there's only so much time available.

Sai
Pupating Mass

Re: Project Status / News

#5 Post by Sai »

Also, pd has been posting new compiles here. So there are still ways to play the in-between versions :)