Can't checkout from SVN trunk

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

muxec
Space Kraken

Can't checkout from SVN trunk

#1 Post by muxec »

I tried twice using Subclipse plugin and once more with bare SVN. It copies files normally at the beginning but at some point it stops, Subclipse shows an error message, svn in terminal is just stuck for hours on the same file. I have no idea of what I'm doing wrong and my connection is stable I'm new to svn and RCS in general. :) Please help.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Can't checkout from SVN trunk

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

I just did a full SVN checkout of FO and GG to a new empty directory. It took 16 minutes to get 185 MB of data, but it came through fine.

Perhaps your connection isn't as stable as you think? Can you halt the download when it hangs and start it again?

OndrejR
Space Dragon

#3 Post by OndrejR »

This happens sometimes also to me when SF is under high traffic load. Yesterday SF was testing new buggy system and perhaps this was cause to this problem.

muxec
Space Kraken

#4 Post by muxec »

OndrejR wrote:This happens sometimes also to me when SF is under high traffic load. Yesterday SF was testing new buggy system and perhaps this was cause to this problem.
Thanks, I will try to checkout tomorrow.

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#5 Post by pd »

Works just fine for me as well. Never had any problems.

muxec
Space Kraken

#6 Post by muxec »

Thanks, finally managed to CO it with command line svn. Subclipse still gives errors and sometimes even kills Xorg on checkout attempts. Now trying to modify the code and compile... :)