Warning re: v0.2 design document

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Aquitaine
Lead Designer Emeritus

Warning re: v0.2 design document

#1 Post by Aquitaine »

Hi FO,

So the v0.2 design document will be coming out soon (within the next month). I am breaking one of my own rules in writing it, which is 'once something is passed, it's passed unless $huge_big_deal happens.

The reason for this is that so much of what we discussed got lost on the old forums and we have not 're-considered' every single thing that is going into v0.2, largely to keep the designers sane. So if you read something in the v0.2 doc when it comes out and you go 'OMG we didn't pass that aquitaine is a horrible tyrant' then you are right about me but keep in mind that we can and probably will be changing some of the details later on.

However, this is not free license to go around making threads to the effect of 'I really hate X feature. let's do Y.' This will all be dealt with rationally and gradually once the document is released. :)

cheers,
Aq
Surprise and Terror! I am greeted by the smooth and hostile face of our old enemy, the Hootmans! No... the Huge-glands, no, I remember, the Hunams!

Nightfish
FreeOrion Designer / Space Monster

#2 Post by Nightfish »

There must be a whole lot of strange decisions in there if you feel the need to give us a month's advance warning. :shock: (just kidding)

Aquitaine
Lead Designer Emeritus

#3 Post by Aquitaine »

You've been with us from the beginning and you have to wonder whether or not we make strange decisions? :)
Surprise and Terror! I am greeted by the smooth and hostile face of our old enemy, the Hootmans! No... the Huge-glands, no, I remember, the Hunams!

PowerCrazy
Creative Contributor

#4 Post by PowerCrazy »

Ah, Of course. Sliders are now passed. I had forgotten. Thanks for reminding me Aquitaine. 8)
Aquitaine is my Hero.... ;)

Impaler
Creative Contributor

#5 Post by Impaler »

I will be glad to have something for guidance, it makes the brainstorming better. Too bad we have to wait a month, I guess its rather large if its taking this long, anything we can do to help or prod you on?
Fear is the Mind Killer - Frank Herbert -Dune

EntropyAvatar
Space Kraken

#6 Post by EntropyAvatar »

Yes, if we can help get it done faster, let us know. It would be great to see what is actually decided.

Nightfish
FreeOrion Designer / Space Monster

#7 Post by Nightfish »

Aquitaine wrote:You've been with us from the beginning and you have to wonder whether or not we make strange decisions? :)
Yes, I do. That's because of this special condition I have. It's called "being senile" :D

Aquitaine
Lead Designer Emeritus

#8 Post by Aquitaine »

Actually, to be quite honest with you all, it hasn't been done because it hasn't been needed by the dev team, and I have several other projects that have had more pressing things. So while it is much larger and more in-depth than the v0.1 document (and also hopefully more fun to read -- I hate writing dry, technical things), it's not huge. RL has kept me quite busy, but it will be out the door before the programmers need it, I promise. :)

workin' travellin' actin' Aquitaine