0.1 release question (relevent for all releases)

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Extremepumpkin
Space Kraken

0.1 release question (relevent for all releases)

#1 Post by Extremepumpkin »

Will there be a pre compiled versions for less programming savvy people such as myself? if webspace/bandwidth is an issue I've got both in plenty. (I host Outpost Orion, Renaux Bug list aswell as 3 other non MOO sites and am running at 1% capacity)

aslo, could someone compile the galaxy map so i can see it? *puppy eyes*

(The CVS confuses/scares me :) )
Only after 14 hours of work, will you realize you can do it in 2.

Aquitaine
Lead Designer Emeritus

#2 Post by Aquitaine »

Yes, there will be precompiled versions. (I hope so, because I certainly don't intend to compile the thing on my windows box).

As for the galaxy map -- if you hunt in the Programming board for threads by tzlaine you can catch a glimpse of it, or maybe he'll be kind enough to post it here. :)

-Aquitaine (workin' on .2)
Surprise and Terror! I am greeted by the smooth and hostile face of our old enemy, the Hootmans! No... the Huge-glands, no, I remember, the Hunams!

Impaler
Creative Contributor

#3 Post by Impaler »

Another question (several actualy) for you Aquitaine, what can I an the other BrainStorming junkies do to assist with v.2? We have as of late been thinking of lots of ideas that are most likly several versions down the road. Should we atempt to refocus on more near-term issues? I would also like to get your input on the depate about ship Building Quees (their are 2 parrel threads on the topic). Basicly we want to reduce the total number of Build Quees, provide macro flexibility and micro manipulation and move the direct building of ships away from the planet and onto the shipyard itself. I am wondering what version ship Quees fall under, should we focus on resolving this now or later?
Fear is the Mind Killer - Frank Herbert -Dune

Aquitaine
Lead Designer Emeritus

#4 Post by Aquitaine »

To be perfectly honest, there's not a lot to 'officially' do now. We talked about a lot of stuff for v0.2 and I still have a lot of compiling and editing to do to turn it into anything like a design document. So I'm not personally going to get involved in any of the current brainstorming debates. It's not because I'm not interested in them -- I do read them fairly often -- but I tend to have bad experiences with people saying 'OH MY GOD THE WHOLE PROJECT IS GOING TO BE LIKE WHAT AQUITAINE SAID IN A BRAINSTORMING POST' when the whole point of that board is so we can talk about things unofficially. :)

Anyway, as we all know, the whole project is just going to be one big Nightfish. So I don't understand the criticism. But look at the roadmap on the design board -- I think we're looking at .4 for what you're asking (but check the road map to be sure). I'm not very active on the brainstorming boards right now just because I want to get the v0.2 document done, and my time in general IRL isn't too hot at the moment.

-Aquitaine
Surprise and Terror! I am greeted by the smooth and hostile face of our old enemy, the Hootmans! No... the Huge-glands, no, I remember, the Hunams!