Which alien race for a Freeorion apprentice?

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

danieledel
Space Floater

Which alien race for a Freeorion apprentice?

#1 Post by danieledel »

With the Human race I now play at the highest level of aggression and win against the computer, regardless of the enemy race. I would now like to try to use some other alien race other than Humans, which one do you recommend as a "neophyte" and "apprentice"?
Thank you and good day.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Which alien race for a Freeorion apprentice?

#2 Post by Oberlus »

Certain species are very different in gameplay, and so, if you only played one species, can be more difficult at first. But all species have their niche where they excel, and all the species can beat AI in max aggression once you know how to exploit their advantages.

I recommend you just pick the species that are more appealing to you from their description, their skills or even their icon.

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#3 Post by Daybreak »

or just start at top and work your way down.

drkosy
Space Dragon

#4 Post by drkosy »

It depends much on the setting.

Gysache are great with none to low natives because they have good research (RP) and good production (PP) but suffer from bad weapons and bad troops.

George are good PP with good supply and therefore an easy one to play, at least if you find some good researchers around.

Cray are good RP with great stability and artistic trait. For me the are to easy to play but maybe you like them. As robotics they can use the robotic interface shields on robotic hull ships.

Etty are good to play with medium to many natives because they don't have resource benefits, but good pilots and good supply. You have to conquer your good PP and RP races as fast as possible. That is sometimes challenging.

Fluver and Sly are tricky to play because they tend to have not supply connected empires. You need to know how to use stockpile correctly. So I don't recommend them for
a "neophyte" and "apprentice"
Egassm has narrow trait and even radiated or barren plates are counted as poor environment. That makes it tricky to get planets early on. That could make games interessting.

Eaxaw and Trith are xenophob and very hard to play. In my opinion that xenophobic is not balanced, because diversity and artisan workshops are to beneficial to ignore them.

Can't say a lot about the other races, because I didn't play them a lot, but fell free to try them as well.
Want some fresh experience? Try Kosymod