Twentieth game on the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Twentieth game on the multiplayer slow game server

#331 Post by Oberlus »

Daybreak wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:23 pm If you reread the posts, I did not ever propose war at this time, however you did. I only ever agreed that we were coming to that point, after you proposed it.
I know. If we weren't having durable peace, we were having war sooner than later... But my point here is I wasn't playing tricks, I just thought you preferred war with me (since you rejected the peace agreement and told me I was being threatening and demanding about the Sparta planet issue), and I thought that war was going to be my fault, to some extent (hence the post). Then you replied to a PM of mine telling me you weren't interested on war (so I thought, "hey, maybe I misunderstood the situation..."), and I suggested you make a proposal that is fair to you instead of war. And then you read this post... The order of reading (or the timing of my writings) was unfortunate, IMO.
Daybreak wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:23 pm This is why in RL text messages can destroy relationships.
:?
Well, I hope this is not the case and we are only risking an in-game relationship...

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#332 Post by Daybreak »

Oberlus wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:44 pm
Daybreak wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:23 pm This is why in RL text messages can destroy relationships.
:?
Well, I hope this is not the case and we are only risking an in-game relationship...
No all good. I just meant that text, has no facial expressions or emotions that can conveyed to the other party, and so quite often intentions can be misread.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#333 Post by wobbly »

From my perspective I've already been knocked out of any real chance of being an overall winner by LienRag's stubborn pigheaded stupidity. That means I basically concentrate on secondary goals such as wiping out his empire and assisting my ally to win. Under different circumstances I'd be in competition with Oberlus and that alliance would inevitably break and we would go to war.

LR I can respect someone trying to invade me, that's good. However when that fails a smart person changes plan to adjust to the new situation. Instead you've decided to refuse to accept reality and insist that you'll be invading me anyway. My 1 consolation there is you've manage to wreck your own growth more then mine. You could of had a peace deal equivalent to a ceasefire where we both hold the ground we already occupy. Instead you want to treat people like they are some 4x AI from the 90s where you click the tribute button and they give you free stuff. Exterminating you will be a pleasure.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#334 Post by LienRag »

wobbly wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:29 am You could of had a peace deal equivalent to a ceasefire where we both hold the ground we already occupy.
Maybe I could have.
Maybe also I could have had a different outcome (or many) for the situation we're in.
Maybe the ones I prefer are not the ones you prefer.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#335 Post by Oberlus »

LienRag, from what I can see in-game, your colony upkeep is -1.25 IP aprox., which should be some 9 settled planets maybe?

DayBreak has 22 or 23. I have 20. No idea EndHu. o01eg maybe 8 planets.
LienRag wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:27 pm Maybe the ones I prefer
...are not planets :mrgreen:

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#336 Post by wobbly »

LienRag wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:27 pm
wobbly wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:29 am You could of had a peace deal equivalent to a ceasefire where we both hold the ground we already occupy.
Maybe I could have.
Maybe also I could have had a different outcome (or many) for the situation we're in.
Maybe the ones I prefer are not the ones you prefer.
Yeah I don't know about that, seems the outcome we both prefer is wrecking your empire. You seem to be doing a great job of it too. You should be less greedy and save some of the wrecking for me, I'd like to have some fun too, you know.

Endhu
Pupating Mass

#337 Post by Endhu »

It turns out I won't be able to play at all until Friday 24th. My empire should do fine without intervention up to turn 117, then it will be necessary to issue new orders. There's possibility of delegation (Daybreak volunteered last time and I'd allow that) if such pause is too long.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#338 Post by Oberlus »

My plans for the next week had some changes, I'll be able to play a bit, maybe a turn or two per day, between Wednesday 22th and Saturday 26th.

Endhu wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:42 pm It turns out I won't be able to play at all until Friday 24th.
If we play one daily turn from today until Friday, with Daybreak controlling your empire, you would come back at turn 120 (right when our private party is supposed to start). Is it OK for you to let Daybreak play those 6 turns for you?

o01eg
Programmer

#339 Post by o01eg »

Endhu wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:42 pm It turns out I won't be able to play at all until Friday 24th. My empire should do fine without intervention up to turn 117, then it will be necessary to issue new orders. There's possibility of delegation (Daybreak volunteered last time and I'd allow that) if such pause is too long.
I could set up delegation. Is Daybreak ready now?
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#340 Post by Daybreak »

o01eg wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:06 pm
Endhu wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:42 pm It turns out I won't be able to play at all until Friday 24th. My empire should do fine without intervention up to turn 117, then it will be necessary to issue new orders. There's possibility of delegation (Daybreak volunteered last time and I'd allow that) if such pause is too long.
How does that work?

I thought Endhu, jut gave me his password.

If that means its controlled by administrator and he does not have to give me his password, thats much better.

And yes I am ready now - whatever that means.

o01eg
Programmer

#341 Post by o01eg »

Daybreak wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:35 pm
o01eg wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:06 pm
How does that work?

I thought Endhu, jut gave me his password.

If that means its controlled by administrator and he does not have to give me his password, thats much better.

And yes I am ready now - whatever that means.
No, I just made his empire available for you via lobby.

You could try now.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#342 Post by Daybreak »

o01eg wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:29 am No, I just made his empire available for you via lobby.

You could try now.
Perfect thank you

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#343 Post by LienRag »

I get "timed out while attempting to connect to server"...

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#344 Post by LienRag »

Solved, it was DNS.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#345 Post by wobbly »

Was minimum colony size to be a colonizing source changed, either accidentally or deliberately? I seem to get the sitrep messages at around 2.5 pop instead of 3.