Twentieth game on the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Twentieth game on the multiplayer slow game server

#286 Post by Oberlus »

Daybreak wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:44 am It happens - mine was worse, deciding to evacuate my home planet to spread around some population, forgetting that evacuation, drops production and research to zero, and then having to watch them grow back at 1 per turn :roll:
But wobbly's was a bug, yours was a "learn the hard way" issue.

The bug, by the way, renders my current choice of warship designs (with shields), a total crap because I now need more than double the PD power to counter fighters. So this makes fighters in general a great combat system, and anything with shields a liability. I'm quite disappointed, although I'm sure not as much as wobbly.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#287 Post by Oberlus »

Looks like this wasn't a bug but the standard, see https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/ ... 1143412070

wobbly, I guess you now have to readjust to the "new" situation :lol:

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#288 Post by wobbly »

Sigh. This is like blockade rules all over again.

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#289 Post by Daybreak »

Oberlus wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:24 am
wobbly wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:00 am LR got a bit lucky there in that I got reamed by a bug in fighter combat. I'm going to have a hard time recovering from that. Doesn't help that I stuffed up the round after. Not sure what I did turn 52, clicked on the wrong fleet or missed a fleet in the list perhaps, was pretty unfocused.
Daybreak wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:44 am It happens - mine was worse, deciding to evacuate my home planet to spread around some population, forgetting that evacuation, drops production and research to zero, and then having to watch them grow back at 1 per turn :roll:

The bug, by the way, renders my current choice of warship designs (with shields), a total crap because I now need more than double the PD power to counter fighters. So this makes fighters in general a great combat system, and anything with shields a liability. I'm quite disappointed, although I'm sure not as much as wobbly.
lol you say potatoe and I say potata- I thought he meant he got reamed by a monster (bug), not a bug in the combat.

Ok I need to understand this new situation -so ships with fighters are now better?

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#290 Post by wobbly »

Daybreak wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:37 pm
Oberlus wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:24 am
wobbly wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:00 am LR got a bit lucky there in that I got reamed by a bug in fighter combat. I'm going to have a hard time recovering from that. Doesn't help that I stuffed up the round after. Not sure what I did turn 52, clicked on the wrong fleet or missed a fleet in the list perhaps, was pretty unfocused.

lol you say potatoe and I say potata- I thought he meant he got reamed by a monster (bug), not a bug in the combat.

Ok I need to understand this new situation -so ships with fighters are now better?
It's turned out to be a misunderstanding of the game rules rather then a bug. Turns out fighters can be hit multiple times in the same round, even though they can only take 1 pt of damage. This is different to ships which are no longer eligible as targets if their structure is reduced to 0.

o01eg
Programmer

#291 Post by o01eg »

wobbly wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:42 pm
It's turned out to be a misunderstanding of the game rules rather then a bug. Turns out fighters can be hit multiple times in the same round, even though they can only take 1 pt of damage. This is different to ships which are no longer eligible as targets if their structure is reduced to 0.
Can ship with 1 structure got two hits in the same round?
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#292 Post by Oberlus »

o01eg wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:45 pm
Yes.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#293 Post by LienRag »

wobbly wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:42 pm ships which are no longer eligible as targets if their structure is reduced to 0.
Really ? How so ?

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#294 Post by wobbly »

Meh, its looking like I'm having a good week for being wrong about things.

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#295 Post by Daybreak »

Oberlus wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:40 pm
o01eg wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:45 pm
Yes.
Although not a bug, that does seem wrong, unless there is a much bigger problem with the alternative.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#296 Post by wobbly »

Ok actual bug this time. Had a pair of new minted interceptor carriers in a fleet, split the fleet in 2 and suddenly the hangers are empty. I'll see if they regen next turn. Mu Ursh pilots, laser fighters. Its not happening on a bomber. (turn 60)

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#297 Post by wobbly »

wobbly wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:49 pm Ok actual bug this time. Had a pair of new minted interceptor carriers in a fleet, split the fleet in 2 and suddenly the hangers are empty. I'll see if they regen next turn. Mu Ursh pilots, laser fighters. Its not happening on a bomber. (turn 60)
Yeah I've got a problem here. Laser Interceptors are broken. I can reproduce in the single player. Build Eawax interceptor carriers. Research laser fighters, the turn I reach laser fighters all fighters vanish from the ship. Its probably the same for standard pilot races, I'll double check.

o01eg
Programmer

#298 Post by o01eg »

wobbly wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:40 pm
wobbly wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:49 pm Ok actual bug this time. Had a pair of new minted interceptor carriers in a fleet, split the fleet in 2 and suddenly the hangers are empty. I'll see if they regen next turn. Mu Ursh pilots, laser fighters. Its not happening on a bomber. (turn 60)
Yeah I've got a problem here. Laser Interceptors are broken. I can reproduce in the single player. Build Eawax interceptor carriers. Research laser fighters, the turn I reach laser fighters all fighters vanish from the ship. Its probably the same for standard pilot races, I'll double check.
Sounds like fatal error. Does this happen with all fighters or only Interceptors?
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#299 Post by wobbly »

o01eg wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:46 pm
wobbly wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:40 pm
Sounds like fatal error. Does this happen with all fighters or only Interceptors?
My bombers seem fine. Bug is super weird, I tried with humans and reached plasma fighters with only 1 interceptor ship. No bug. As soon as I build a 2nd interceptor fleet....
Interceptor2.png
Interceptor2.png (160.42 KiB) Viewed 394 times
Interceptor3.png
Interceptor3.png (125.33 KiB) Viewed 394 times

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#300 Post by wobbly »

Same problem with the ships in 2 different locations
Interceptor4.png
Interceptor4.png (204.49 KiB) Viewed 386 times
Interceptor5.png