Twentieth game on the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Twentieth game on the multiplayer slow game server

#436 Post by wobbly »

Well up to you o01eg. I could play a turn or 2 for Oberlus while he is away. Not sure how much of a pain it is to delegate then un-delegate.

o01eg
Programmer

#437 Post by o01eg »

wobbly wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:44 am Well up to you o01eg. I could play a turn or 2 for Oberlus while he is away. Not sure how much of a pain it is to delegate then un-delegate.
Granted. It's not that hard.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

Endhu
Pupating Mass

#438 Post by Endhu »

That reminds me, another instance of force majeure is imminent and I'll be without access to my laptop from 12 Aug to 21 Aug. Delegation can go to DB, or another volunteer if that is not possible

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#439 Post by Daybreak »

Endhu wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:16 pm That reminds me, another instance of force majeure is imminent and I'll be without access to my laptop from 12 Aug to 21 Aug. Delegation can go to DB, or another volunteer if that is not possible
ok I ma fine with that - a pity though Endhu - you may not be here for end of game.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#440 Post by wobbly »

Regarding game end, I said I was fine either way. Which is still true. Lots of new stuff has gone in since game start that I'd like to test.

I also wouldn't mind playing on a couple more weeks to get a feel for how late game influence plays out. I've probably hit optimal colony numbers in the sense that I took 2 planets, switched them both to influence and had about the same influence balance. DB I believe is over optimal and into bloat. e.g. would probably have more influence if he just gave up a few colonies.

Anyway I guess I'm saying don't feel the rush to start the next game if taking a bit longer to get players together seems better, o01eg.

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#441 Post by Daybreak »

wobbly wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:45 am DB I believe is over optimal and into bloat. e.g. would probably have more influence if he just gave up a few colonies.
Point me to the post where I said I was having a problem with influence. You cant, because I am not.

However I perceived the problem and found a solution, then saw other empires who had not had a chance to fix their influence problem, so I write a post about influence problems, and you and Oberlus jumped all over me, playing old style, etc, etc, etc.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#442 Post by wobbly »

Daybreak wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:00 pm Point me to the post where I said I was having a problem with influence. You cant, because I am not.
You literally started a whole thread complaining about the proportion of your colonies on influence. It's nonsense posts like this that actually get you grief from other players.

Edit: Doesn't help your case that I can literally see planets of yours on the map, on influence focus, generating less then they cost...'

Edit: Cleaned up the language. Some people just bring me to swearing. I think I'll just stop wasting my time arguing with you. Congratulations on solving the problem that no-one was complaining about except you.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#443 Post by Oberlus »

Daybreak wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:00 pm However I perceived the problem and found a solution
That some of us don't like. Sorry?
you and Oberlus jumped all over me
I don't think stating a different opinion is jumping all over you.

I think I'll better ignore your posts? Luckily, you don't make PRs...

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#444 Post by Daybreak »

Oberlus wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:14 pm
Daybreak wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:00 pm However I perceived the problem and found a solution
That some of us don't like. Sorry?
you and Oberlus jumped all over me

In many instances you attack the person, instead of understanding what is going on. To me you seem to be a very intelligent, probably a nice guy, but so agressively angry, it clouds your vision. Angry at Leinrag, even though he tried his best to make you understand. Everyone is different in the world, and they will not always agree with you or conform to your wishes. They can be arrogant, they can be irritating, etc, but it is that diversity which brings great things. Embrace it.
Maybe I did not write it correctly - but I meant my situation in the game. If you look at my influence post, ALL I have suggested is a test, not a solution. I even agreed it should be through policies or bonuses. You guys making changes to Replicons bad influence is an example of ongoing changes to influence.

You did not look at what I was saying about influence, did not test it, or analyse it. All you did was critisise my playing style. Although you can call that a different opinion, it is more about belittling the other persons opinion or the person themselves as per your last sentence. It tends to be what you do when you think you are right and you dont respect the other person, but when there is doubt in your mind, you become that intelligent thoughtful person that really looks at the problem, like you did with my Mu Ursh post.

In my influence post, when I called you both out on that (critisism of my playing style), Wobbly did start testing it, and I believe even though he already knew there was a problem he now also feels it maybe bigger than he thought. At the moment I think he has only looked at normal and good influence, even though he probably realises that bad and very bad influence is worse. He may not agree it needs to be tested the way I have suggested though.

Look, I actually highly respect you, and you cant point to one post where I have critisised you, and in fact I have gone out of my way not to react negatively. Keep being who you are, thats ok, but I will continue to make posts if I perceive a problem and you can keep telling me how wrong I am. Thats what makes the world go round.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#445 Post by Oberlus »

Daybreak, I would appreciate if you stop talking about me or my personality.
Edit: removed angry swearing.

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#446 Post by Daybreak »

Oberlus wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:25 pm Daybreak, I would appreciate if you stop talking about me or my personality.
Edit: removed angry swearing.
1st and last time.

So done.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#447 Post by Oberlus »

Not first time. Hopefully last time.

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#448 Post by Daybreak »

Oberlus wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:48 am Not first time. Hopefully last time.
I dont remember another time - I thought I had made sure. Doesn't matter, you do, and it obviously made an impression, so I apologise for that.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#449 Post by Oberlus »

It's OK. These things are too subjective, it's normal we have different (in)sights.
Let's smoke the peace pipe?

Anyways, I'd really like to play against you more times (not only one). But also in the same team. I'm sure I'd learn stuff from you.

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#450 Post by Daybreak »

Agree and Ditto