This weeks test builds

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

This weeks test builds

#1 Post by Vezzra »

I just wanted to make the new test builds and realized that there have been only very few commits since last weeks test builds, and all of them only affect the Godot client, so are irrelevant for the test builds. Which means making new test builds would be pointless.

Normally I'd just skip the test builds in such a case, but IIRC I read something about fixes which are important for the continuation of the slow multiplayer game, and that you're waiting for the new test builds which should contain those fixes so you can carry on with your game.

As fas as I can tell, there haven't been any such fixes committed to master since the last test builds (or anything that would justify new test builds), so I'm asking if I've missed something, or if those fixes didn't go in yet?

Or do those commits for the Godot client somehow include the aforementioned fixes?

I can make the test builds tomorrow (Wednesday) or Thursday evening, if there is a need, otherwise I'll skip this weeks test builds.

Please, anyone, tell me what you want me to do. While making the test builds isn't that much work, it's still time and effort I don't want to spend if there are no relevant changes.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

Re: This weeks test builds

#2 Post by wobbly »

This is what the multiplayer game is waiting on.
Geoff the Medio wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:36 am
o01eg wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:42 amSuddenly while I was away most my outposts get -6 Influence this turn (81), -9 next turn and 0 as target
It looks like a Bureaucracy effect related to changing focus. I think there's a condition missing in the scope of the focus-change penalty, so you're getting the effect due wobbly adopting Bureaucracy on turn 79. It's hitting your outposts due to some bugs / missing conditions in the relevant effectsgroup; an additional condition can be added to prevent that. This is partly because the "turns since focus change" variable returns 0 for outposts (despite them having no focus set), which can be seen in the objects list.

This: https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/ ... 6ec1c09b34 should hopefully fix that effect, though it won't fix the fact that a bunch of outposts now have -6 influence, which won't recover to 0 since there is no effect that will modify their current influence...

And this: https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/ ... a305e7ea11 should add an influence growth/decay effect for outposts.
wobbly wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:30 pm I'll unadopt bureaucracy. We can restart same players later if silentone agrees. I'd personally like to see the new version of balance/moderation make it to master. Geoff any timeframe on that?
Ophiuchus wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:06 pm
wobbly wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:30 pm I'll unadopt bureaucracy. We can restart same players later if silentone agrees. I'd personally like to see the new version of balance/moderation make it to master. Geoff any timeframe on that?
I think the implementation is merge-ready. The influence bonus could be a bit higher.

And I would really appreciate if we merge the spatial flux line rework so we can battle-test it (i already playtested and its merge-ready from my side)

o01eg
Programmer

Re: This weeks test builds

#3 Post by o01eg »

Vezzra wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:59 pm Or do those commits for the Godot client somehow include the aforementioned fixes?

I can make the test builds tomorrow (Wednesday) or Thursday evening, if there is a need, otherwise I'll skip this weeks test builds.
We are waiting for those PRs to be merged https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/pull/3600 and https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/pull/3600 . Not sure if they will be ready Thursday.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm