Sixteen game on the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

drkosy
Space Dragon

Re: Sixteen game on the multiplayer slow game server

#406 Post by drkosy »

I'm out. Current game hasn't been enjoyable for me for quite a while and I've only played on for test purposes. Someone else can take control of my empire.
If wooby is out, we really can't win the game. I don't like to have his empire and I think LR has more than enough to do. Maybe a new game would be more fun for all of you. Me not, because I'm going on holiday in 2 weeks so I won't take part in a new game since my return late August.
Want some fresh experience? Try Kosymod

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#407 Post by Oberlus »

Last turn I adopted Centralization, I thought I would have maybe 30 or 50 IP more than what I would need to adopt Divine Authority, after watching what was Centralization and DA adoption costs and target influence after adopting Centralization. I was wrong: due to the couple of planets I was conquering that turn, or maybe because of whatever, I am 3.5 IP short. The nearly 400 IP I spent on Centralization are now gone. Target IP output is -70 IP per turn. So I just deadopted Centralization this turn and end of story: in order to keep growing, my empire would have to rely on setting big planets with good/great influence species to influence and depopulating the rest, with my PP output coming from my good planets in the core of my empire. For this game I think it would be enough to conquer all enemies, but certainly not to rule them but to exterminate them or let the worlds rebel out.

Predicted IP output figures are buggy or something is wrong. I would expect to see target IP output updated when I adopt or deadopt a policy before turn advances (so that you can de/adopt a policy and cancel the action if you don't like the result). But deadopting Centralization still shows -70 IP target.

drkosy
Space Dragon

#408 Post by drkosy »

Predicted IP output figures are buggy or something is wrong
At least its not transparent at all. Maybe it would be enough to have some overview for IP production and IP demands like it is in the production queue window. In large empires it is hard to predict what happens with influence if you get new colonies. Once I had +15IP, got 4 new colonies and had -6IP afterwards (it was really endgame). I didn't predicted that big change. The hard thing is: You can't really react, because influence is always just growing with +1 so I had to set 6 Planets to influence and set 3 back to production after 2 turns. That does not feel like end game...

Edit: Maybe some "IP calculator" could be added to aid the player to calculate the consequenses of new colonies, new policies etc.
Want some fresh experience? Try Kosymod

o01eg
Programmer

#409 Post by o01eg »

Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#410 Post by Geoff the Medio »

drkosy wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:38 pmThe hard thing is: You can't really react, because influence is always just growing with +1 so I had to set 6 Planets to influence and set 3 back to production after 2 turns. That does not feel like end game...
Can / should probably add something to increase influence meter / output growth, similar to Force-Energy Structures' effect on research and industry meters. Probably a tech effect or a building.
drkosy wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:38 pmOnce I had +15IP, got 4 new colonies and had -6IP afterwards (it was really endgame). I didn't predicted that big change.
It should be possible to make influence meter effect calculations include a dependence on planet that have been ordered colonized during the current turn. If things work nicely, then that would update as planets are ordered colonized. For colony buildings in production, given the current one-turn delay during which the building exists for its effects to fire, probably nothing needs to be added. But the same influence meter effect calculation should also be able to count existing colony buildings and include that in the colony count.